Airsoft is one of the outdoor tactical games in the world. There are some injuries and accidents that might happen while playing this adventurous game. Therefore, it is essential to put your safety first while gaming. An airsoft helmet is one of the protective gears to wear when participating in this tactical game. It helps to protect your head from gunshots, especially short-range shots and sudden falls. The best airsoft helmet will play a crucial role in protecting you against this.
The majority of airsoft helmets are made from steel and other premium material to ensure high safety and durable purposes. They come in various types from different manufacturers.
Our Favorite Airsoft Helmet
Top 10 Best Airsoft Helmet Reviews- 2021
Buying a better airsoft helmet is not easy because there are so many airsoft helmet brands on the market. We have taken precious time to select these airsoft helmets to help you make an informed decision when you want to purchase one.
1. ATAIRSOFT PJ Type Tactical Paintball Airsoft Fast Helmet
The airsoft helmet is one of the famous brands on the market. It is one of the best airsoft fast helmets. Apart from using it in airsoft activities, it is also ideal for cycling. The helmet features sliding goggles that help to protect your eyes from wind and other obstacles. This is something you can’t find in many airsoft helmets. The airsoft helmet fits heads with a circumference of 59cm and below. Ensure you measure your head circumference before buying.
ATAIRSOFT PJ Type Tactical Paintball Airsoft Fast Helmet is made from high-quality ABS materials that make it more durable. It has side rails that fit various accessories such as lasers, torches, and flashlights. The integrated NVG mount is compatible with the majority of GoPro NVG-style mounts. The airsoft helmet is lightweight, allowing you to wear it for an extended period.
- High-quality ABS: the helmet is constructed from high-quality ABS, making it durable. Once in the field, you will realize its toughness.
- Lightweight: due to its lightweight design, you will not feel if you are wearing it. Also, you can wear it for a prolonged time.
- Multiple styles: the helmet comes in 5 different styles allowing you to buy one that suits you best. It is among the most bought helmets in the market.
- With this helmet, you can easily attach airsoft accessories on the rail sides, including lasers, torches, and flashlights.
- Compatibility: In term of compatibility, it features an integrated NVG mount, which is compatible with GOPro NGV style mounts
- The helmet is durable
- It comes with sliding goggles for protecting your eyes
- The helmet has side rails
- Integrated NVG mount
- Not ideal for big heads
2. ATAIRSOFT Adjustable Maritime Helmet
Are you looking for a high-quality airsoft helmet? Search no more. ATAIRSOFT Adjustable Maritime Helmet ABS for Airsoft Paintball is an ideal choice for you. It is suitable for paintball, cycling, and airsoft. The helmet comes in medium and large sizes, allowing it to accommodate most of the heads, and it is available in three colors for you to select from. The airsoft helmet is made from premium ABS material, making it long-lasting, lightweight, and sturdy.
ATAIRSOFT Adjustable Maritime Helmet cannot protect you from real ammunition but from falls while playing an airsoft game. The side rails will help you fix most of the airsoft accessories. The Velcro panels enable the fitment of nametapes, safety lights, and patches. The airsoft helmet is also equipped with Bungee Retention for NVG.
- It features side rails: the maritime helmet has side rails that allow you to attach accessories, including a visor, flashlights, and torches, among others. Plus, you can attach patches and nametapes to customize your helmet.
- Lightweight: thanks to its lightweight design, which makes it easy to carry around. You will feel no fatigue even when worn for hours.
- Head protection: the helmet is constructed from high-quality ABS and plastic material hence protecting your head in harsh conditions such as humidity and high temperatures.
- Comfort: it has adjustable strap to offer you comfort and sung too. You can remove the helmet mat so that it can fit properly.
- The helmet is adjustable
- It is lightweight
- The airsoft helmet comes in various colors
- It has side rails with goggle strap clips
- Not ideal for big heads
3. HYOUT Fast Base Jump Helmet MH Style Airsoft Helmets
The tactical helmet is suitable for people whose heads’ circumference is 22.04-24.00 inches. The helmet comes in different colors, and it is perfect for many outdoor sports such as paintball, airsoft, and hunting. It is also ideal for training, riding, climbing, jumping, enthusiasts, and search & rescue. The adjustable suspender straps and the neck/chin pad allow the helmet to have a custom fit. You will be able to fix most of the accessories, thanks to the sturdy side rails.
HYOUT US Military Tactical Helmet is built with high-quality ABS engineering plastics for sturdiness, durability, and lightweight. The inner side of the helmet features high-quality foam for added comfort. The integrated NVG mount is congruent with many GoPro NVG style mounts. The replaceable leather front and nape add a durability feature to this helmet.
- Lightweight design: the helmet weighs only 1.5 lbs making it easy to carry around while providing head protection.
- Durable and comfortable: its body is made of ABS plastic while the inside padding is designed from anti-seismic foam plastic hence being soft and comfortable to wear for long hours. It will suit you best if you are planning for long fights.
- Side rails: the product features side rails with 4 attachment points to ensure quick, secure, donning, or doffing of your headgear. You can attach lights, cameras, and goggles to it.
- The helmet is excellent for people with a head circumference of 22-24″. It is perfect for airsoft, rock-climbing, paintball, rock-climbing, and others.
- It comes with three years warranty
- A multi-functional helmet
- Durable and comfortable
- It is lightweight
- Features an adjustable system
- It has a flawed retention system
4. Airsoft MICH 2000 ACH Tactical Helmet
The tactical helmet is just unique. The helmet is ideal for both adults and teenagers. It comes with a clear visor NVG mount that is easy to remove and install. You can also wear airsoft goggles under the visor. The helmet has an adjustable head circumference of 21-25 inches. The seven self-adjustable sponge padding pieces allow you to feel comfortable whenever you are wearing the helmet.
Airsoft MICH 2000 ACH Tactical Helmet is long-lasting as it is made from high-quality ABS plastics. The airsoft tactical helmet is also super light, such that you will forget you are wearing it. The side rails will make it convenient for you to attach most of the accessories. The helmet offers a proper fit, thanks to the adjustable suspender straps and chin straps.
- It is equipped with a clear visor: it is straightforward to install the visor. Interestingly, you can wear airsoft goggles under it.
- Lightweight design: with this product, you forget if you are wearing it since it is made from light material. This makes it easy to carry with you.
- Adjustable suspender straps: the helmet has a circumference range of about 21 to 25” to fit most of the head sizes. Besides, it has adjustable suspender straps to fit perfectly.
- Durability: it is made from high-quality ABS plastic, which makes it wear and tear-resistant. You have assured durability since it can last longer.
- Face protection: it comes with a face shield to protect the face from any injuries. Plus, its setup makes it ideal for face protection.
- The tactical helmet is durable
- It’s lightweight
- Suitable for adults and teenagers
- It is adjustable for a custom fit
- The helmet has a clear visor NVG mount
- The clear visor does not cover the mouth
5. ATAIRSOFT Breathable Tactical Airsoft Fast PJ Helmet
ATAIRSOFT Breathable is stylish and classic. Apart from being stylish, the tactical helmet will protect you from bruises and bumps, making it the best airsoft bump helmet. The airsoft helmet is available in OD green color. It is among the cheap airsoft helmets. The helmet has an internal width of 17 cm and an internal length of 22 cm.
The airsoft helmet is made from premium material that makes it long-lasting and sturdy. The helmet is lightweight as it only weighs 700 grams, making it easy to carry. The side rails accommodate various accessories while you can use Velcro to attach patches and other necessary things. It comes with sliding goggles that help protect your eyes, and the integrated NVG mount fits a wide variety of GoPro NVG style mounts.
- Durability and lightweight: the helmet is made from high-quality construction hence being sturdy and durable. It is made from light material and weighs about 700g. Its design allows you to carry it easily.
- Side rails: the helmet comes equipped with side rails to allow you to mount tactical accessories to it. It also has an integrated NVG mount compatible with GoPro NVG style mounts.
- Comfort: it comes with sliding goggles which you can wear and remove easily. The product also features an adjustable chin strap, which allows you to adjust to fit your head perfectly.
- The airsoft helmet is affordable
- It comes with sliding goggles
- It’s durable and lightweight
- Easy to carry
- Has adjustable chin strap for better fitting
- Not ideal for big heads
6. Jadedragon MICH 2000 Style ACH Tactical Helmet
The helmet will shield your head any time you are participating in your airsoft game. The helmet is one of the best airsoft gun helmets. It has an outer shell that is ultra-light compared to other airsoft helmets on the market. You will be impressed by the period this helmet will serve you. This is because it is made from high-quality ABS plastic that makes it hard-wearing and sturdy.
Experience more comfort while playing with Jadedragon MICH 2000 Style ACH Tactical Helmet. The helmet is equipped with adjustable nylon inner padding for extra cozy and keeping your head cool throughout the match. The steel mesh in front helps to provide additional protection and hide your face from any stray shot. The helmet has an NVG shroud and side rails that offer attachment points for fast attachment or release for additional functionality.
- Portability: it features an adjustable half-face mesh mask to ensure you carry it easily. It also has side rails compatible with accessories, including goggles, flashlights, loop panels to allow patch attachment, nametapes, and other tactical gears.
- Durability and lightweight: it is constructed from ABS plastics which makes the helmet sturdy and durable. It weighs 660g making it light when wearing it. You will feel neck strains.
- Protection: it comes with an ear mask and goggles giving you maximum protection. It protects the full-face when you are playing a paintball game.
- It has a lightweight design
- Keeps your head cool
- The airsoft helmet is durable
- It has a fully-adjustable helmet strap
- The helmet is multi-functional
- The goggles are not airsoft certified
7. OneTigris Airsoft Paintball MICH 2001 Action Version Tactical Helmet
You will be impressed with the comfort that this helmet gives you, and it is one of the best cheap airsoft helmets on the market. The airsoft helmet has a simple design but gives you the optimal safety that you deserve. You can use the helmet for cs game players, airsoft, or paintball. The helmet is easy to carry as it is lightweight. It comes in just two colors and fits heads with a circumference of 22-24 inches. The tactical helmet is built from ABS engineering plastics that are durable and sturdy.
OneTigris Airsoft Paintball MICH 2001 Action Version Tactical Helmet is equipped with side rails to mount survival lights, headset holder, flashlight, and signal recognition lights. The adjustable chin straps and neckband give you a proper fit. The helmet has panels that enable you to customize it with patches. OneTigris Airsoft also has an integrated NVG mount.
- Comfort: it features an adjustable strap and chin band to offer extra comfort. Interestingly, the helmet has a head circumference of about 22-24 inches, making different people wear the helmet comfortably.
- Durability and lightweight: the helmet is constructed from ABS plastic hence guaranteeing it to last longer. It weighs around 660 grams allowing you to wear it for long hours without any fatigue.
- Side accessories attachments and panels: with this helmet, you will notice it has side rails to allow you to mount survival lights, headset holder, and flashlight and signal recognition lights.
- The tactical helmet is lightweight
- It is durable
- Easy to carry
- Customized panels
- It offers a good fit
- Not durable as advertised
8. ATAIRSOFT PJ Type Tactical Airsoft Paintball MICH 2002 Helmet
The head is ideal for heads with a circumference of 22-24 inches. Therefore, ensure you measure your head appropriately before placing your order. The airsoft helmet is made from high-quality ABS plastics; hence it is sturdy and durable. It has sponge padding inside that enhances your comfort. The helmet weighs 770 grams; thus, it is lightweight and lighter.
The adjustable straps and neck pad allows the helmet to give a better fit. The airsoft helmet has side rails with NVG shroud and goggle strap clips for attaching nametapes, safety lights, and patches.
- Durability: the airsoft helmet is constructed from high-quality ABS plastic material to make it last longer. Plus, it features a lightweight design allowing you to wear it for long hours without feeling fatigued.
- Comfort: thanks to the self-adjustable padding, which provides extra comfort. Also, the adjustable straps and chin pad ensure the helmet fits comfortably.
- Side rails and loop panels: the product comes equipped with side rails to provide accessories like a camera, COMs headset, flashlights, and visor. The loop panels around the helmet allow you to place extra patches.
- The helmet is long-lasting
- It is lightweight
- Bungee retention for NVG
- It offers a good fit
- Not so comfortable
9. Tactical Airsoft Fast Helmet PJ Type
The airsoft helmet is suitable for various outdoor tactical airsoft activities. The helmet perfectly fits both adults and teenagers, and it is built to give you the comfort and satisfaction you deserve. It is ideal for heads with a circumference of around 21-24 inches. The tactical helmet weighs 690 grams, making it easy to carry. You can attach your flashlights, goggles, and other tactical gears to the side rails.
The airsoft helmet is made from premium ABS plastics, making it tough and hard-wearing. The adjustable straps and chin straps allow you to wear the helmet for an extended period. The foldable half-face mesh mask helps to protect your lower face and ears. The helmet comes with nine pieces of high-quality sponge padding inside that give you additional comfort while wearing the helmet.
- Side rails: the product comes with side rails to allow you to attach accessories onto the helmet, such as goggles, flashlights, cameras, and other tactical gears.
- Durability and lightweight: the helmet is made of high-quality ABS plastic, making it durable. It weighs around 690g making it light hence you can wear it for long hours without feeling fatigued.
- Comfort: it comes with protective accessories like a foldable half-face mask to protect the ears and lower face. Moreover, it has adjustable padding and a chin strap to make you feel comfortable when wearing for long hours.
- It is ideal for both adults and youths. They can use it for outdoor tactical airsoft activities, including climbing, fighting, among other outdoor activities.
- The airsoft helmet offers superior comfort
- It is long-lasting
- The helmet is multi-functional
- It protects your ears and lower face
- Poor quality pads
10. LOOGU Airsoft Helmet, Fast PJ Type Bump Tactical Combat Protective Gear
The tactical helmet is ideal for climbing, airsoft, hunting, and other outdoor game activities. The helmet will last for an extended period as it is made from high-quality ABS materials. The rigid polymer is tough enough to protect your head from any injury. The helmet is equipped with adjustable straps that help to offer an ultimate fitting. It is ideal for people whose head circumference is between 22.4-23.5 inches.
The airsoft helmet weighs 1 lb; hence it is lightweight and easy to carry—the removable padding and ventilated liner help provide comfort and breathability. The helmet offers a perfect donning and doffing of COMMS headsets. The helmet also comes with an NVG mount, side rails, and Velcro panels for patches.
- Lightweight design: the helmet weighs about 1 lb; hence you will feel less fatigue when wearing on your head. It tends to offer the necessary protection necessary for airsoft games.
- Ventilation: it features ventilated liners and holes to enhance ventilation. The helmet can be used for harsh conditions, including high temperature and humidity.
- High-quality ABS: the airsoft helmet is constructed from high-quality ABS, making it durable. Besides the hard polymer, which protects your face from injury.
- Great for multiple activities: you can use this helmet for various activities such as climbing, training, search and rescue, and other activities.
- Comfort: the helmet has an acc-dial-adjustable ft band to offer maximum fitting. Also, with the internal headbands, the helmet provides convenient donning and doffing of COMMs headsets.
- Lightweight design
- It has a ventilated liner
- The helmet is durable
- Replaceable leather front
- Easy to carry
- It does not protect the eyes
Buying Guide for Airsoft Helmets
Although airsoft helmets are designed for keeping the head safe, finding the best helmet for your needs and preferences can be an arduous task. Here are some of the factors to consider when buying airsoft helmets.
The first factor to consider when purchasing an airsoft helmet is comfort. A helmet with padding offers more comfort. Ensure you buy a helmet based on your head size, which may vary depending on age and body structure. If you get the wrong helmet, you will not feel comfortable, and you won’t concentrate on the game. You also choose a helmet with ventilation holes to prevent sweating which can make you feel uncomfortable.
When buying an airsoft helmet, ensure to consider a helmet with side rails to attach accessories to the helmet. You can connect accessories such as a flashlight, camera, and laser, among others. The side rails also mount ear protection.
Since your eyes are very delicate, you need to choose helmets with inbuilt protection features. For instance, some helmets have inbuilt goggles that are easy to wear with a helmet. You only need to slide down the goggles from the helmet top. Also, you can wear face masks for full-face protection. If your helmet does not come with protection accessories, you can buy a goggle and attach it to it.
Sometimes, airsoft running is required, and you should purchase a helmet with a chin strap to ensure it stays in its place. Although a chin strap may seem small, it plays a vital role in keeping the helmet in place. You should also be able to tighten the strap quickly to keep the helmet more stable.
You can consider an airsoft helmet that is made from light material. It will help prevent having neck strains after wearing them for long hours, and it is much more comfortable than heavy ones.
How do you Attach Goggles to an Airsoft Helmet?
If you want to attach goggles to your airsoft helmet, you need to follow these steps.
- Airsoft helmet
- Goggle with screws
Step 1: Placing the goggle on the helmet
Start with putting the goggles on the exact place you want to place them. If you wear regular glasses underneath, make sure you leave room between the goggles and face. When you check the helmets that come with built-in goggles, you will realize that they are attached from outside.
Since some people find goggles attached from outside, leave a gap between the goggle and the face. However, you can attach them underneath the brim of the helmet. Now, push the two sides of the goggle a little bit together to make the goggle fit the helmet curvature. You can use some tape to put the two ends in place and glue the ends easily.
Step 2: Insert the screws.
Ensure you insert the screws properly into the airsoft helmet to hold the magnet in position. Begin by snapping a magnet onto each goggles magnet clip and snap a screw on the magnet. Next, position the goggles in the proper position onto your helmet and push the screws onto the foam. Use a pair of a screwdriver to help you in placing the screws. Also, use tape to prevent the goggles from shifting, then applying glue.
Step 3: Gluing the magnet
Apply a small amount of glue to attach the magnet and screws and attach the screw to the helmet. Make sure you don’t glue goggles to the magnets. After the glue has connected the magnet to the screws, pull off the goggles for better access.
When you remove the goggles, apply more epoxy to strengthen the connection between the screw, magnet, and helmet. Don’t put a larger amount of epoxy at once, as it will mess the helmet.
Step 4: Attach the goggles.
When the epoxy layer has dried, attach the goggles to the helmet.
Do you need ear protection for an airsoft helmet?
Yes! It would help if you had ear protection for an airsoft helmet because some shrapnel or BB pellets may get inside your ear canal. Consequently, if this happens, you might end up having permanent hearing problems. Airsoft ear protection is essential as it protects you from loud noises and physical damage.
How do you mount goggles to a fast airsoft helmet?
Airsoft fast helmet setup is not easy. When you want to mount goggles to a fast airsoft helmet, follow these steps:
- Get clips that are a bit longer than your goggles straps.
- Cut your goggle’s straps and attach the new clips.
- The new clips will hold your face very well without moving. It will also be easy to take your goggles on and off.
Can you wear glasses under airsoft helmet masks?
Yes! You can wear it. But you should find oversized goggles. Those goggles will help large sides where your glasses’ legs can fit.
Do I need a helmet for airsoft?
No! It is not a must. However, it is a necessary gear. The helmet will protect your head from any incoming BBs and unexpected objects that may come on the way. The helmet will also protect you from sudden falls. Therefore, it is crucial to have it while playing.
What is the best airsoft helmet?
The best airsoft helmet is ATAIRSOFT PJ Type Tactical Paintball Airsoft Fast Helmet. The helmet fits most heads, and it’s durable, lightweight, and sturdy. It also allows you to attach your accessories.
No doubt, airsoft helmets are more beneficial compared to other types of helmets. They also have other unique features that give you additional functionality. The majority of these helmets allow you to attach necessary accessories such as flashlights, torches, and visors for your game improvement. The above are among the best airsoft helmets on the market. Invest in an airsoft helmet for your safety. You can get one for your airsoft, and you will never get disappointed.
However, when purchasing any airsoft helmet, ensure you consider size, padding, eye and ear protection, durability, and accessories attachment. A helmet that will not serve you for a better duration is not worth investing in. Also, do not invest in an airsoft helmet that will not offer you ideal protection.