With the best tool bag for motorcycles, you should have a place to store all your tools while you are on the road. By so doing, you will get to deal with small repair problems without having to look for the nearest mechanic.
As long as you ensure that your motorbike is well maintained with your tools, chances of getting a replacement bike will be further reduced. Use the guide below to choose the right bag for your bike tools:
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon:
Best Tool Bag For Motorcycles Reviews:
That said, consider the following best tool bag for motorcycles:
1. Fuel Helmets SH-BARBAG Handlebar Bag with Leather Shell, Black
- The Fuel Helmets SH-BARBAG Handlebar Bag is versatile enough for paperwork, tools, and any other important document you wish to carry with you-
- It is made from 100% pure leather-
- The bag comes with easy-to-roll leather straps held down by metal buckles-
- It has a capacity of 120 cubic inches-
- The universal fit of the Fuel Helmets SH-BARBAG Handlebar Bag means that it should fit every motorbike model and make-
- You should be able to close it tight enough to ward away rain and other weather elements
- However, the Fuel Helmets SH-BARBAG Handlebar Bag might prove to be larger than you expected
2. The Nekid Cow Brand Motorcycle Premium Synthetic LEATHER 2 Strap Closure Tool Black Bag w/ Quick Release Buckles Clasp HEAVY DUTY 3 Layer REINFORCED for handlebars,Forks, Sissy Bar – 10″
- The Nekid Cow Brand Motorcycle Tool Bag comes fully reinforced
- It has two leather buckle straps that you can use to secure it to your motorbike-
- It features a classic look-
- The manufacturer has provided a restoration and riding guide in the form of an eBook-
- It is built with three layers-
- It has enough space for storing small items and heavy tools-
- It is made of heavy PVC at the core, with leather waterproof covering-
- The fully finished inside features heavy felt-
- The top has been trimmed with piping for a clean finish-
- The Nekid Cow Brand Motorcycle Tool Bag comes with double straps and chrome buckles for quick opening and closing
- With all these features, it is not surprising that The Nekid Cow Brand Motorcycle Tool Bag is priced a bit on the higher side
3. Carroll Leather 723 2-Strap Tool Pouch
- Economically priced, the Carroll Leather 723 2-Strap Tool Pouch provides tons of extra room for all your personal items
- It has leather accent overlays as well as top stitching
- The total storage space measures 120 cubic inches
- It boasts riveted stress points and nickel plated buckles
- However, the size of the Carroll Leather 723 2-Strap Tool Pouch might prove too big for your bike
4. Bucket Boss 70004 Tool Roll
- The Bucket Boss 70004 Tool Roll was made for durability
- It is relatively easy to use-
- It comes with duck wear canvas-
- This roll features 17 loops, three small pockets, and 22 regular pockets
- It has a carry handle
- However, the canvas make of the Bucket Boss 70004 Tool Roll means that it is not completely weather-proof or water resistant
5. Custom LeatherCraft 1173 32-Pocket Socket Tool Roll Pouch
- The Custom LeatherCraft 1173 32-Pocket Socket Tool Roll Pouch has a unique socket holder, complete with hook and loop closure for holding standard and metric sockets
- The heavy-duty elastic strap will keep all your tools in place
- It has an adjustable quick-release buckle for fastening the punch whenever you are not using it
- This roll has a carrying handle that enables easy transportation
- It is made of polyester if you are environmentally conscious
- It works well if you intend to store motorbike tools for your long trips
- However, you might find that the Custom LeatherCraft 1173 32-Pocket Socket Tool Roll Pouch is a big bigger than you had anticipated
- Further, the polyester make means that it isn’t completely water and weather proof
The Benefits Of Motorcycle Tool Bags
Motorbikes are a wonderful choice, especially if you are always on the go. With one, you will be able to enjoy nature and get to speed on open roads with little to worry about.
However, irrespective of how self-sufficient you are, you will still need to carry some things with you. This is where the best tool bag for motorcycles comes in. Most of these bags are designed to allow you to carry all your essentials for added security while on the road.
On long rides, especially, your tools and other gadgets might prove too bulky and uncomfortable. Since you can’t fit everything in your pocket, the best solution would be to invest in a sturdy bag.
A great compromise, to this end, would be a motorbike tool bag. With it, you will have enough space for all your knick knacks as well as anything you might need to carry along with you.
Choosing The Best Tool Bag For Motorcycles
While thinking about a motorbike tool bag, you have to consider some factors. All these factors come into play because if you focus on one factor only, you are going to lose out in the long run. Read on to learn more:
Tool bags for riders are made from a wide variety of materials. These include leather and synthetic polyurethane. Most riders, however, prefer their bag to come in leather or another leather alternative.
By making such a choice, you will be able to match your bag to the upholstery on your bike. Further, leather tends to be durable – meaning that you’ll get to use your bag for longer.
Synthetic material, on the other hand, is good if you are against animal products. Whatever the case, the best tool bag for motorcycles should be one that will be thick and durable enough to resist wear and tear. The fabric should also be strong enough not to rip easily.
While shopping for tool bags, measure your handlebar first to see if the bag you are eying will fit well. You need to know that tool bags tend to come in different dimensions and sizes – so it is important that you size your bike before buying.
Remember, above everything, that the bag you pick will depend on the intended use, the size of the handlebar on your motorcycle, as well as your bike.
You might prefer a bag that comes with change and cell phone compartments to ensure that everything is well organized whenever you hit the road on your bike. However, you might also want a bag that doesn’t have compartments especially if you plan on using it to store large items.
As mentioned above, the best tool bag for motorcycles should fit properly on your handlebar. If possible, get a bag that you can easily secure with straps, snaps, Velcro, or buckles.
Remember, security is a major concern because you never know when you might need your tools. Therefore, tie the bag properly so that it won’t shuffle or slip off without you noticing.
Constantly having to re-secure and secure your bag is both annoying and dangerous. Therefore, get a bag that will be easy to secure on your motorbike.
As with any of the other accessories you buy for your motorbike, you will always get what you paid for. Cheap bags, to this end, tend to be poorly stitched – with zippers and seams that are likely to break, tear, or come apart. This means that they are hardly worth the bother.
Instead, consider parting with a bit more while shopping for the best tool bag for motorcycles. Check the quality of the bag and see what other users have to say about it (by reading online reviews).
6. Customization And Attractiveness
For most riders, tool bags are a means for self-expression. Like the other accessories you have bought, the choice you make should reflect who you are and what you like. For instance, if you are simple and are not looking for anything too fancy, get a bag that reflects this.
Similarly, you might want to invest in a bag that proves that you are into something – such as embroidery and the like. Whether it is patches, chains, or studs, there are so many motorbike toolbags out there that you should be able to find what you need.
Consider the environment where you will be using your bag. There is no point in spending so much time and money on the best tool bag for motorcycles only to get it ruined a couple of weeks or months down the line.
If possible, therefore, buy something that is waterproof – or at least designed to withstand diverse weather conditions. A durable bag will come in handy when you are making such a choice.
8. Customer Reviews
Before you buy any bag, ensure that you research it and read customer reviews posted online about it. Instead of rushing the decision, take your time and find out as much as you can about every bag you are interested in.
This research will prove worth the while once you land on the perfect bag that matches your needs for durability, price, style, and all the swag you are looking for. That said, consider the following top 5 tool bags for riders:
So, there you have it – a list of the best tool bag for motorcycles. Each of the options we have posted above will prove useful especially if you are used to being prepared while out on the road.
Of course, the choice you finally make will depend on many factors, some of which we discussed earlier. Whatever you do, it might prove useful for you to always think your decision over before making a purchase.
That said, our recommendation would be The Nekid Cow Brand Motorcycle Premium Synthetic LEATHER 2 Strap Closure Tool Black Bag w/ Quick Release Buckles Clasp HEAVY DUTY 3 Layer REINFORCED for handlebars,Forks, Sissy Bar – 10″. The features of this bag, its durability, as well as its classic looks will go a long way in providing you with something elegant into which to toss in your biking tools, as well as anything else you might wish to tie up securely before you set out.
Overall, however, any choice from the above options might be the best tool bag for motorcycles. Everything will boil down to what you would like, how much you wish to spend, and the features you are looking for.