With the best tool bag for motorcycles, you should have a place to store all your tools while you are on the road.
As much as any motorcycle owner will defend its utility and grandeur of their trusty two-wheeler to death, one thing is nevertheless true – bikes are not great when it comes to storage.
Various motorbike containers are often too big, they get in the way, affect the handling negatively, and are just plainly a pain in the neck.
That said, you still need to have a tool bag for your bike in case you need to fix something on the road.
This is where specialized motorcycle tool bags come into play. In this article, we’ve prepared a list of these bags, so you can find the best one for your needs. The bags we will present to you are both spacious and will look good when you attach them to your motorbike.
Our Favorite Tool Bag For Motorcycles
Top 7 Best Tool Bag For Motorcycles Reviews
1. Nakid Cow/ Motorcycle Handlebar Bag
The exquisite, Pakistan-designed, synthetic premium motorcycle tool bag is the perfect motorcycle tool bag for you. This is because of its many polished features. The Nakid Cow could contain any motorcycle tool you wished to keep within it while also tucked in away stylishly underneath your handlebars. Also, on Amazon, this bag is adjudged as being the best motorcycle tool bag.
Easy Set up
The Nakid cow can be installed swiftly because of numerous points on the motorcycle to which the Harley Davidson fork bag can be attached. The fork bag also has adjustable mounting leather strips that could be employed to secure the handlebar bag on a Sissy bar, Side frame, etc.
The quality PVC leather makes the bag attractive and keeps its shape firm. This helps reduce the rate of spoilage of the tool bag.
Just like the fork bag can be attached to different points on the motorcycle, so can the tool pouch be affixed to other cycle brands like Suzuki, Dyna, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Softail, etc.
- The leather on the motorcycle holds its shape.
- The pouch size is relatively handy and fit for numerous motorcycle brands.
- Its size allows the carriage of equipment.
- The adjustable straps on either side of the tool bag enable quick opening while preventing loss of the materials kept in the bag.
- The buckles are poorly stamped
2. Carroll Leather 723 2-Strap Tool Pouch
The lightweight, and relatively moderate-sized tool pouch, has nickel-coated buckles that not only increase the aesthetic quality of the bag by also prevent rust on its surface. The 0.79 pound Carroll Leather tool pouch can be attached to a ‘Honda Rebel,’ ‘Heritage,” 97 Harley Sportster’, ‘2009 V Stat 250 ‘, ‘Harley 883XL Sportster’, and many other vehicles due to its extra lengthy strap. The thickened leather edges around the pouch also account for the stiff and unyielding stature of the bag.
Even though the leather doesn’t appear incredible to the eyes, it is of superb quality with great stitches that last very long before getting damaged.
It is very convenient for carrying tools due to its lightweight.
It has elastic straps whose length could be changed to suit your car. The straps are quite versatile to fit a good number of vehicles.
- Given the quality the bag is made of, it sells at a wallet-friendly rate.
- It is easy to install
- The adjustable mounting strap lacks enough holes.
- The adjustable strap could be too long at times.
3. Bucket Boss – Tool Roll, Tool Bags
This compartmentalized heavy-duty Duckwear canvas-made tool roll is just as awesome as it sounds. With its 25 pockets and 17 loop-like features, the tool roll can hold as many as 25 motorcycle tools in an organized and arranged manner, which would lessen the mechanic’s fatigue.
It possesses double quick-release buckles that hold the tool roll when it is not in use. These buckles also keep the entire tool compact and snug tight.
The tool roll is excellent; it also possesses evenly spaced large horizontal pockets and three general-purpose velcroed vertical bag pockets that hold.
The tool roll has a fantastic web carriage handle that enables easy carriage from one place to another. The tool roll isn’t very bogus, too, making it a convenient way to carry about your much-needed emergency repair tools.
- It is made of canvas that absorbs lubricant that could get on it as you work.
- It is separated into various suitable equipment bearing compartments that ease the use and keeping of tools.
- The strap is adjustable too.
- The product may not be very suitable for holding heavy and weightier tools.
- The elastic in the middle of the roll is not a perfect fit. A relatively large pocket might have little flexibility, which is a misfit insincerity.
4. Clc Custom Leathercraft 1173 Socket Tool Roll Pouch
The CLC Custom Leather tool roll is a heavy-duty elastic pouch that keeps various tools safe in its unique set of socket holders. Despite not being produced from the traditional leather base, the tool roll is very sturdy and still provides a neat organization for your tools.
It has a carrying handle that makes the carriage easy and stress-free.
Adequate storage spaces
The Ccl leathercraft has 32 different pockets that could hold a significant number of tools conveniently.
The Pouch comes with a heavy-duty elastic strap that helps keep tools in place. What’s more, it comes with a quick-release buckle that fastens when you are not using it.
- It has a pair of adjustable quick-release buckles that keeps the roll firm for ease of carriage.
- It has metrically determined sockets and loops that hold tools firmly.
- The roll has a middle elastic band keeper and an additional flap or fabric above the roll that secures tools.
- The socket pouch could be loaded with a ratchet, four box wrenches, one adjustable wrench, 1/4 inch set of sockets, three pliers pair, 1/4 inch socket wrench, three socket extension, screwdrivers e.t.c. The tool roll could get to a diameter of about 6 inches, making it a bogus appearing suitcase.
- Slots in the bag for wrenches are randomly ordered, and this could pose a challenge to the much-needed organization desired.
- The bottom of its pocket has a single layer that sharp tools could easily tear.
5. Neween Motorcycle Handlebar Tool Pouch
The Neween motorcycle tool pouch is a rich blend of style and quality. Its moderately thickened P.U. leather design with rivet reinforced sewing is as sleek and stainless as can be. The pouch is made firm and shapely by these, making it a suitable accessory for a male and female cyclist.
The pouch is made of relatively thick leather backed up by rivet sewing. It was also designed to be water and heat-proof, guaranteeing a longer life span for the pouch by protecting it from the elements all day long.
The tool pouch can be attached to the Sissy bar, side frame, tail rack, front forks, and handlebar.
The pouch could be as wide as 8.1 inches and as tall as 3.8 inches. It also possesses adjustable straps that could come in handy depending on the number and dimension of tools kept in the pouch.
- The tool pouch is locked with insert buckles that are easy to store and pick.
- The saddlebag comes with two plastic buckle straps that could loop the bag around the fork or seat post.
- Weighing only 7 ounces, it is a light-weighted pouch.
- To provide an incredibly intricate finish, the edges of the pouch are hand-stitched, which could cause unevenness around its edges.
- It is relatively small and has no attached handle for ease of carriage.
6. Motorcycle tool bag
The motorcycle tool bag consists of 100℅ P.U leather that guarantees absolute quality and durability. It also comes with two quality plastic straps that enable easy attachment of the bag to the Tail rack, front fork, Sissy, and handlebars.
The bag had dimensions of 11.6×3.5×4.7inch/ 29.5×9.5x12cm. And the distance between the two holes is about 4.7inch/ 11.9cm.
It is effortless to install as all it takes is looping the plastic strap to the seat fork.
The bag has enough space even with its small size. It can hold a bottle of fuel if need be.
- The tool bag can suit all motorcycle models like Honda, Sportster, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yahama.
- The product is lightly weighted as it weighs 13.6 ounces.
- Their small sides make them portable and yet functional.
- It is relatively inexpensive and water-resistant
- The securing latchet works nicely too.
- The attaching straps are thin, and you may have to purchase zip ties as a backup.
- The side flaps are a bit short, which is a drawback to the water-resistant build.
- If this bag must be installed onto a Suzuki Boulevard, a much longer strap other than the accompanying strap must be sought.
- If the bag has to be carried apart from the motorcycle, the tool bag would have to be clinched around the arm because it lacks a handle strap for easy carriage.
7. Equinez Motorcycle Tool Roll Saddle Bag
This Equines leather motor bag offers you value for your money due to its durable leather make. Its non-rusty studs and buckles also enhance the style and beauty of the pack. What’s more, its handmade stitches reinforce durability, and its weight of 3.2 ounces makes it a portable motorcycle accessory.
It is 29cm long and 13cm wide, providing appropriate space for the contents you wish to place therein. The installation straps are of adequate length, and it also has two metal buckle closures.
The leather quality is superb and provides a reasonable basis for a long-life span. You can be certain to get value for every penny spent on this bag.
The material used in creating the bag is water-resistant, which means you can use it under any weather without being worried about damage.
- The Equinez motorcycle tool bag is a suitable fit for all bike types.
- The bag is water resilient and easy to install.
- The buckles are not easily removed, which ensures the safety of your tools.
- The bag has a rugged appearance
- If you are a fan of sophistication, the naturally included horn-made metal product could put you off.
- The covering lacing holes could offer a blow to the water-resistance plan.
- It has no comfortable grip handle for carriage.
The Benefits Of Motorcycle Tool Bags
Motorbikes are a wonderful choice, especially if you are always on the go. With one, you will be able to enjoy nature and get to speed on open roads with little to worry about.
However, irrespective of how self-sufficient you are, you will still need to carry some things with you. This is where the best tool bag for motorcycles comes in. Most of these bags are designed to allow you to carry all your essentials for added security while on the road.
On long rides, especially, your tools and other gadgets might prove too bulky and uncomfortable. Since you can’t fit everything in your pocket, the best solution would be to invest in a sturdy bag.
A great compromise, to this end, would be a motorbike tool bag. With it, you will have enough space for all your knick knacks as well as anything you might need to carry along with you.
Choosing The Best Tool Bag For Motorcycles
While thinking about a motorbike tool bag, you have to consider some factors. All these factors come into play because if you focus on one factor only, you are going to lose out in the long run. Read on to learn more:
Tool bags for riders are made from a wide variety of materials. These include leather and synthetic polyurethane. Most riders, however, prefer their bag to come in leather or another leather alternative.
By making such a choice, you will be able to match your bag to the upholstery on your bike. Further, leather tends to be durable – meaning that you’ll get to use your bag for longer.
Synthetic material, on the other hand, is good if you are against animal products. Whatever the case, the best tool bag for motorcycles should be one that will be thick and durable enough to resist wear and tear. The fabric should also be strong enough not to rip easily.
While shopping for tool bags, measure your handlebar first to see if the bag you are eying will fit well. You need to know that tool bags tend to come in different dimensions and sizes – so it is important that you size your bike before buying.
Remember, above everything, that the bag you pick will depend on the intended use, the size of the handlebar on your motorcycle, as well as your bike.
You might prefer a bag that comes with change and cell phone compartments to ensure that everything is well organized whenever you hit the road on your bike. However, you might also want a bag that doesn’t have compartments especially if you plan on using it to store large items.
As mentioned above, the best tool bag for motorcycles should fit properly on your handlebar. If possible, get a bag that you can easily secure with straps, snaps, Velcro, or buckles.
Remember, security is a major concern because you never know when you might need your tools. Therefore, tie the bag properly so that it won’t shuffle or slip off without you noticing.
Constantly having to re-secure and secure your bag is both annoying and dangerous. Therefore, get a bag that will be easy to secure on your motorbike.
As with any of the other accessories you buy for your motorbike, you will always get what you paid for. Cheap bags, to this end, tend to be poorly stitched – with zippers and seams that are likely to break, tear, or come apart. This means that they are hardly worth the bother.
Instead, consider parting with a bit more while shopping for the best tool bag for motorcycles. Check the quality of the bag and see what other users have to say about it (by reading online reviews).
6. Customization And Attractiveness
For most riders, tool bags are a means for self-expression. Like the other accessories you have bought, the choice you make should reflect who you are and what you like. For instance, if you are simple and are not looking for anything too fancy, get a bag that reflects this.
Similarly, you might want to invest in a bag that proves that you are into something – such as embroidery and the like. Whether it is patches, chains, or studs, there are so many motorbike toolbags out there that you should be able to find what you need.
Consider the environment where you will be using your bag. There is no point in spending so much time and money on the best tool bag for motorcycles only to get it ruined a couple of weeks or months down the line.
If possible, therefore, buy something that is waterproof – or at least designed to withstand diverse weather conditions. A durable bag will come in handy when you are making such a choice.
8. Customer Reviews
Before you buy any bag, ensure that you research it and read customer reviews posted online about it. Instead of rushing the decision, take your time and find out as much as you can about every bag you are interested in.
This research will prove worth the while once you land on the perfect bag that matches your needs for durability, price, style, and all the swag you are looking for. That said, consider the following top 5 tool bags for riders:
So, there you have it – a list of the best tool bag for motorcycles. Each of the options we have posted above will prove useful especially if you are used to being prepared while out on the road.
Of course, the choice you finally make will depend on many factors, some of which we discussed earlier. Whatever you do, it might prove useful for you to always think your decision over before making a purchase.
That said, our recommendation would be The Nekid Cow Brand Motorcycle Premium Synthetic LEATHER 2 Strap Closure Tool Black Bag w/ Quick Release Buckles Clasp HEAVY DUTY 3 Layer REINFORCED for handlebars,Forks, Sissy Bar – 10″. The features of this bag, its durability, as well as its classic looks will go a long way in providing you with something elegant into which to toss in your biking tools, as well as anything else you might wish to tie up securely before you set out.
Overall, however, any choice from the above options might be the best tool bag for motorcycles. Everything will boil down to what you would like, how much you wish to spend, and the features you are looking for.