Finding the best motorcycle wheel chock shouldn’t be hard. In fact, with the right guide and advice, landing on an ideal wheel chock for your motorbike should come pretty easy. In the following sections, you will learn more about motorcycle wheel chocks, what they are used for, and how to choose one. Read on to learn more:
So, why exactly would you invest in the best motorcycle wheel chock? Essentially, wheel chocks are vital for steadying bikes and blocking their movement. With it, therefore, you will be able to protect the motorbike as anyone in the area. As such, these gadgets will prove useful when you need to park your motorcycle temporarily.
Before jumping right into the best motorcycle wheel chocks for 2019, however, please use the guide below to help you gain a better understanding of chocks:
Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock Reviews:
Now that you have a better idea about the things to look for to land the right chock, consider the advice below. In the sections following, we provide comprehensive reviews of what – in our opinion – we think are the best motorcycle wheel chocks on the market today:
1. Condor PS-1500 Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop
- Fully adjustable, the Condor PS-1500 works perfectly for anyone looking for versatility
- You can adjust it for both for the back and for the front wheels
- It scales perfectly for wheels sized between 15 and 22″
- The patented lock system will protect your bike
- This motorcycle wheel chock is ideal if you need your bike to stand upright
- However, the Condor PS-1500 motorbike wheel chock is a bit pricey
2. Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- The Extreme Max 5001 .5010 motorcycle wheel chock is solid, stable, and sleek
- It is easy to secure a bike to this chock
- It can be operated by one person
- The chock is made of high quality and durable steel
- It has been finished in a beautifully textured matte black powder coat
- With this motorcycle wheel chock, you won’t have to worry about space because it takes up minimal room while simultaneously providing maximum stability
- Assembly is quick simple
- The chock is adjustable
- It comes in two styles: standard and deluxe
- It works perfectly on motorcycle wheel sizes 17 by 21″
- However, the Extreme Max 5001 .5010 motorcycle wheel chock is not suited for use with sports bikes
3. MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock
- The MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock works automatically to lock the front bike wheels into place
- With it, you should be able to secure the wheel for bike storage or transportation safely
- It works perfectly on floors, trailers, and truck beds
- It is designed for easy loading and strapping down
- It is ideal for mot standard motorbikes
- It also boasts a durable powder coat finish as well as a heavy-duty formed steel construction
- One person can handle the strapping
- However, the MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock isn’t suited for use with road king motorbikes
4. Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock
- The Condor SC-2000 motorcycle wheel chock will securely support your bike in the upright position
- You can easily fold this chock down
- The adjustable cradle will fit most motorbikes
- It will work both on rear and on front tires
- It is perfect for use with tires sized from 14 to 22″
- The lock mechanism is effective for supporting bikes
- Only one person is needed to load and upload the bike with this chock
- You only require two tie-down straps with this wheel chock
- It has a capacity of more than 3000 pounds
- The chock folds down for easy storage
- It only works with trailers
- The lock system is quite tight, making the wheel removal process a bit difficult
5. Goplus Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock Stand Heavy Duty 1800lb Weight Capacity
- TheGoplus Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock Stand Heavy Duty 1800lb Weight Capacity Wheel Tire Chock is adjustable for almost any front wheel
- It is effective for one-person loading
- However, the 9 Position Motorcycle Front Wheel Tire Chock only works on front wheels
The Importance Of Motorcycle Wheel Chocks
To this end, it is important that you ensure that you only invest in the best motorcycle wheel chock within your budget. After all, it is in your best interests that you always ensure that your bike is protected.
One easy way to verify the quality of the wheel chock you wish to buy is to check a couple of reviews on it. In the following sections, you will find appropriate reviews of the best motorcycle chocks. In our opinion, these are the top 5 chocks available in the market currently.
By going through different reviews, you will be better placed to compare and contrast different products. Further, the reviews will go a long way in helping you understand how certain chocks fare with respect to their competitors. At the end of it all, you will have all the information you need to make the right decision with regards to which is the best motorcycle wheel chock for your particular needs.
Choosing A Motorcycle Wheel Chock
So, how should you go about picking the right wheel chock for your bike? Consider the following:
1. Wheel Sizing
The first step would be to check the size of the wheels on your bike. For wheels that are sized between 17 and 21″, any chock should work correctly. However, if the wheels are outside this range, you need to be careful when you start buying wheel chocks to ensure you get the right one.
The second thing you need to consider is where you wish to use your chock. Although most of the best motorcycle wheel chocks you will come across can be used in an ordinary garage, some will not prove useful if space is smaller or if you need to pack your bike on a trailer. The best way to tell for sure is to take down the measurements so that you are better informed about what to look for.
3. Tie Downs
Some motorcycle wheel chocks come without tie downs – gadgets that are essential for proper bike parking. In fact, most of the manufacturers will inform you that you won’t need a tie down to use their wheel chock.
However, you are the one who will have to deal with the cost of repairing or replacing your bike should it topple over. To this end, you might want to invest in tie downs alongside your bike chocks.
Guide To Buying Motorbike Wheel Chocks
As mentioned above, you should only consider those motorcycle wheel chocks that will fit perfectly on your bike tire. Ideally, you should ensure that the chock height is at least around a quarter of your tires full height.
In the same way, the motorcycle chock you pick should be made using durable materials of premium quality. This is the only way you can rest assured that your chock will continue working over the long haul after years of use. Quality materials go a long way in improving the strength and sturdiness of chocks.
Although you might be in a hurry shopping for the best motorcycle wheel chock, we’d advise caution. Instead of trying to get something quickly, take your time and have all the information you need.
Today, most shoppers tend to overlook warranties while looking for a wheel chock. With a warranty, you can be sure that the brand you buy from trusts the quality of their product. As such, most of the brands that don’t offer a warranty are unlike to have your best interest at heart.
Where motorbike accessories are concerned, cheap is almost always expensive. However, this doesn’t also mean that expensive gadgets are necessarily the best you can find in a market.
To get it right, have a workable budget as you go out shopping for motorcycle wheel chocks. This way, you will know whether the chock you are considering falls within or in the vicinity of your budget. If it doesn’t, just let it go and look for a closer alternative.
Using Motorbike Wheel Chocks
- Mounting – The first step would be to mount the chock to the trailer’s deck.
- Placement – After mounting, place your bike against the chock and use the tie-down straps to secure it to the trailer.
- Securing – Next up, you should make sure that both ends of your motorbike are properly secured. The best way to go about doing this would be to tighten the straps around the front wheel before moving to check the back wheels. Make sure that you alternate between the back and front wheels until you get the best tie.
- Compression – Once you are sure that your bike is securely in place, you should compress the front forks. This is done by pushing the handlebars down slightly without exerting too much pressure.
- Gearing – Last but not least, put your bike into gear. This way, you will prevent it from moving backward.
Although all of the above chocks work well and are suited for different needs, we think that the Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock is the best. With its wide variety of handy features, capable dependability, sure looks, and ideal handling, this chock is unlikely to give you issues if you choose it.
Overall, however, any choice you make should prove to be ideal over the long haul. We only picked out the best motorcycle wheel chocks to include in this guide. This means that you can depend on any of them to serve your needs well into the future.
If you liked this article, and would like to know more about other products, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below. Until next time, enjoy!