A motorcycle wheel chock is an essential, safe anchor to every bike owner. It is usually fixed against your motorbike’s wheel to stop it from any movement. A chock will keep your motorbike upright and safe if you want to transport it. It will ensure that the bike doesn’t fall; hence it’s not damaged while on transit.
The wheel chock will give you peace of mind anytime you leave your motorbike in the garage or parking lot. If you want your bike to remain in the garage for an extended period, a chock will ensure it is safe even when you are away. A good wheel chock will prevent your motorbike from slipping during heavy rains or snow. The tool will help to ensure your bike is always secure. Therefore, it is more significant to have a better wheel chock for your motorcycle.
Getting the best motorcycle wheel chock is not easy as there are numerous chocks on the market. But you don’t have to worry. We have spent our precious time to ensure we select the best chocks for your motorbike. These include:
Top Picks : 5 Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock
Top 10 Best Motorcycle Wheel Chock Reviews- 2021
1. Condor PS-1500 Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop
Are you looking for a motorcycle trailer chock? Search no other than Condor PS-1500 Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop. The wheel chock is equipped with a Pit Stop that acts as a Trailer Stop with an optional Trailer Adapter Kit for fast attaching and detaching. Besides, it is versatile and will hold your bike securely without the need for a kickstand. If you want to keep your bike in the garage, this wheel chock will keep your bike upright, taking less space and enabling you to service it, check fluids, wash it, or detail your ride.
Thanks to the locking system that fits both front and rear wheels from size 15-22 inches or 80-220mm wide. The locking mechanism helps to support your motorcycle upright position. It is easy to load or unload your bike. Lastly, it provides extra safety to your bike while on transport, thanks to the two tie-down straps.
- Adjustable wheel lock: with this wheel chock, you can use both front and rear wheels size between 15″- 22″. This makes it versatile.
- Convenient: the wheel chock works with an adaptor kit to mount to the trailer surface. Besides, if the trails come with an E-track system, then the model has a universal kit to do that.
- Patented locking system: it is designed to support a bike in an upright position and placed on virtually any flat surface like grass lawn, concrete garage floor, and gravel surfaces.
- Rubberized stabilizing legs: thanks to the rubberized stabilizing legs to hold the product in place. Additionally, the Pit-Stop can easily be carried and keep the bagger upright.
- Wide application: the motorcycle wheel chock works fantastically on sportbikes, touring bikes, and dirt bikes for both domestic and metric models
- Compatible with the front and back wheels
- It can withstand up to 3000 pounds
- Space-saving foldable design
- It fits perfectly for wheels between 15″ and 22″.
2. Extreme Max 5001.5010 Standard Motorcycle Wheel Chock
It is one of the best motorcycle wheel chocks on the market. Extreme Max Chock offers a combination of sleek and minimalist design that provides a high level of stability that your bike. Thanks to its minimalist design, the wheel chock is ideal for storing or hauling several bikes or lift mounting. Additionally, the wheel chock is equipped with cradle points that help lock the wheels securely and in place. It is durable and sturdy since it is made from premium steel and coated with a semi-gloss powder that gives it a matte finish.
Moreover, the multiple-layer wheel cradle adjustments allow you to fit different wheels for more stability during transport, storage, or maintenance. You can perfectly fit wheels between 17-21 inches and 3-5/32 inches – 7-3/32 inches wide. Plus, the wheel chock combines a solid boot with a sturdy front crossbar to efficiently use the floor space than any other chock on the market. Using this wheel chock is a breeze since it is effortless to lock and unlock it yourself without anyone’s assistance. The wide stance helps promote the chock’s stability, especially when you mount it on a motorcycle stand, trailer, or garage.
- Durability: the wheel chock is constructed from heavy-duty steel, making it durable. Its durability provides maximum stringy and stability.
- Thanks to the elegant design, Sleek design provides stability for your motorcycle without occupying much space.
- Front cross design and solid boot: combining a secure front cross design with a solid boot makes it space-efficient than other wheel chocks. It fits 17-21″ wheels between 3-5/32 inch to 7-3/32 inch wide.
- Adjustable: you can adjust the wheel chock to meet your preferences and fix tires properly for stability, whether on transit, storage, and maintenance.
- Easy to assemble: When setting up the chock, it can be done faster since it requires you to bolt together some parts. This model can be set with the help of an expert, unlike other wheel chocks.
- Strength and durable
- Easy to assemble
- Good level of stability
- It may not work perfectly on lower fender bikes
3. MaxxHaul 70075 Motorcycle Wheel Chock
The MaxxHaul 70075 chock is affordable and has many unique features that make it outstanding. It will hold your motorbike’s wheel securely for storage or transport. The unit automatically locks your tire as you roll it into the wheel chock and keep the motorcycle in place to prevent accidents. The wheel chock is elegant since it is made from heavy-duty steel with a powder-coated finish, making it hard-wearing and sturdy. Besides, the wheel chock is ideal for outdoor use as it is corrosion and rust-resistant. The pivoting cradle allows you to lock the bike, load quickly, or unload it.
Additionally, the tool has three-position adjustable holes on the wheelbase for accommodating different motorcycle wheels. Besides, it has a raised base and comes with bolts that enable you to fix it safely on a trailer, floor, truck bed, among other flat surfaces. One person can mount this chock since mounting it is super easy.
- Superior structure: this motorcycle wheel chock can accommodate up to 1800 pounds of the bike. You don’t need to worry about the overall weight of the bike.
- Adjustable 3-position bracket: thanks to the adjustable 3-position brackets to fit different bike wheels with standard sizes. It can be used on various wheel sizes.
- Easy to install: the hardware included in the package is easy to install. You will not require support while operating it, and it doesn’t need an extra hand when handling it.
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion material: the tool is constructed from a heavy-duty and black powder coat, making it rust-resistant and durable.
- Sturdy and durable
- Easy to install
- Anti-rust and anti-corrosion
- Automatic front wheel lock
- 3-position bracket to accommodate different tire sizes
- Removing the wheel chock from the wheel may be challenging.
4. Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock
If you want to transport your motorbike using a trailer, Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock is what you need. The tool is equipped with a patented locking mechanism that helps to hold your bike more safely and securely. An adjustable wheel locking system enables the wheel chock to accommodate various sizes’ front and rear wheels. It fits wheels sized 14-22 inches and 80-220 wide.
Condor SC-2000 Trailer-Only Chock supports bikes that weigh up to 3000 pounds, meaning it’s sturdy enough. Interestingly, it features an adjustable cradle congruent with various bike types, such as sports bikes and dirt bikes. The chock’s main advantage is that a single person can load and unload the motorcycle. The two tie-down straps help to secure the bike for convenient transportation. To store the wheel chock is easy since you only need to fold it down.
- Patented locking system: it features a patented locking system, which secures your bike in an upright position in any transportation platform you choose.
- Adjustable cradle: the wheel chock can accommodate up to 3000 pounds. It also fits perfectly on front and rear tires with 14 to 22″.
- Adjustable wheel locking mechanism: you can easily lock either front or rear wheels with the wheel locking system.
- Easy to install: You can quickly load and unload your truck without any help. Interestingly, you can fold it down for better storage when not in use and saves space.
- Sturdy and durable
- Convenient and adjustable
- Superior locking system
- Versatility and dependability
- Easy to set up
5. Goplus Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock
The Goplus adjustment motorbike wheel chock is reliable, affordable, and has the excellent features you deserve. You can use the wheel chock to hold your bike upright to enable you to change the oils, repair it, transport it, and create more space in the garage. The patented locking mechanism allows this to stay in an upright position. Additionally, the wheel chock is equipped with an adjustable wheel locking mechanism that accommodates front and rear tires size 15-22 inches diameter and 76-130mm wide.
GoPlus Adjustable Wheel Chock can support motorcycles up to 1800 pounds, making it ideal for heavy-duty motorcycles. Because it is made of premium steel with a powder-coated finish, it is hard-wearing and rust-resistant. Furthermore, it has a crossbar with two bolts, which provides extra stability even if you want to park on uneven surfaces. Use the tie-downs without any worry, thanks to the two loops.
- Adjustable: you don’t have to worry if it will fit in your bike since it is fully adjustable to fit on both the front and rear wheels ranging between 15 to 22″.
- Patented locking system: this feature makes the motorcycle stay in a straight position despite the platform you are placing onto.
- Powder coat finishes: since the tool is made from heavy-duty steel and powder coat finish, you are assured that it will be rust and corrosion-resistant.
- Two loops for tie-downs: the loops help make the use of tie-downs hence keep the bike upright when storing it in a garage, on transit, or maintenance
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Self-locking system
- Easy to use and assemble
- It accommodates 1800 pound capacity
- It may not work perfectly for larger bikes.
6. Condor PSTK-6400 Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop and Adapter Kit
The Condor PSTK-6400 Pit-Stop/Trailer-Stop and Adapter Kit is self-supporting, and you can use it as a transportation device or floor stand. It comes with a low-profile Trailer Adapter Kit hardware that can be permanently mounted on your trailer’s floor for easy and convenient motorcycle transport. You can attach the Pit Stop anytime you want to haul your bike, making it the most versatile wheel chock on the market. Plus, it is ideal for your garage’s daily use to hold your motorcycle upright to service it, check fluids, and create more space. You can also put the Pit Stop on the driveways to detail your bike or wash it.
The chock is hard-wearing and sturdy enough since it is made from an aluminum frame with steel hardware and other solid components. It accommodates both front and rear tire sizes 14-22″ in diameter and 80-220 mm wide. Loading and unloading your bike is super easy, and you can do it yourself without any help.
- Durable and lightweight: the trailer stop adapter is designed with lightweight aluminum, which is durable. It weighs 30 pounds, making it accommodate any bike upright.
- Space-saving: many people in a garage can use the kit because it takes less space. Additionally, you run maintenance of our motorbike in tight space.
- Easy to use: you don’t need to worry about loading and unloading the bike. You can do it by yourself without the help of an extra hand.
- Stability: it features two tie straps to ensure the bike is stable while on transit or storage. It works on the front, and rear wheels, sizes 14 to 22″.
- Durable and lightweight
- Patented adjustable cradle
- Easy to use
- It comes with 2 tie-down straps
- Accommodates bikes up to 3000 pounds
- Works on both front and rear tires size 14 to 22.”
- Not designed for complete touring bikes.
7. Venom Universal Motorcycle Wheel Tire Chock
Are you looking for a long-lasting motorcycle wheel chock? Search no other than this Venom Universal Motorcycle Wheel Tire Chock. It is made from high-grade steel, making it sturdy and durable. The tool is universal and versatile as it is compatible with Honda, Yamaha, Harley Davidson, Suzuki, Kawasaki, BMW, and Ducati. It is also compatible with many bike types ranging from sport street bikes to cruiser bike touring bikes.
Interestingly, it will support your motorcycle in an upright position for convenient storage, maintenance, and transportation. The rubber end caps help to prevent any scratches while in use. It fits most tires with sizes from 17-22 inches, thanks to the two adjustable points at the cradle and upright stand. Assembling this wheel chock is super easy and faster and uses it, allowing you to use less energy. However, it is equipped with an automatic lock & quick release system for easy locking and unlocking your bike. You can mount it on floor stands or flat surfaces.
- Adjustment points: it features adjustment points that secure the bike in an upright position. It is ideal for keeping the motorcycle in place for storage, transportation, and repair.
- Easy to assemble and use: with this wheel-tire chock, you can install and use it easily. You can mount it on a flat surface or free-standing floor.
- Sturdy and durable: the product is constructed from high-grade steel, guaranteeing durability. It also comes with rubber end caps to protect and prevent scratches.
- Automatic lock and quick release system: This feature makes it easy to load and unload the chock. You only need to pull the motorcycle backward, and it will automatically remove the bike.
- Easy to use
- 2 adjustment points
- Easy to assemble
- Accommodates wheel size 17 to 22.”
- Takes much space
8. MaxxHaul 70271 Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock
The MaxxHaul 70271 Adjustable Motorcycle Wheel Chock is versatile and reliable. It comes with an adjustable wheel-locking system that fits both rear and front tires size 15-22 inches diameter and 3-5 inches wide. Moreover, it supports motorcycles with up to 1800 lbs, making it ideal for heavy-duty use. Using this tool is easy, and you don’t need assistance.
The wheel chock will last for an extended period as it is made from high-quality steel coupled with a powder coat finish that makes it corrosion-resistant. The unit features a self-locking cradle that allows you to mount it on any surface and use the bike’s weight to ensure it is upright. Additionally, it is equipped with anchor points for enhanced stability.
- Adjustable wheel locking system: the model is perfect for bikes with different wheel sizes and widths because of this feature.
- Durability and black powder finish: the product is made from steel and coated with a black powder finish making it rust and corrosion-resistant.
- It has a maximum capacity of 1800 lbs: it comes with a capacity of 1800 lbs making it versatile and hold bike wheels width between 3 to 5″.
- Stability: the wheel chock is designed to offer support and stability with the help of anchor points after mounting your bike wheels.
- Sturdy and durable
- Convenient strapping
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- Maximum capacity of 1,800 pounds
- Easy to mount
- 6 cradle wheel adjustable
- Not ideal for chock’s fitting
9. Lock N Load BK1000 Deluxe Chock
The Lock N Load BK 1000 wheel chock is one the most trusted and secured trailering systems that accommodates all motorcycle types, from dirt bikes to cruisers. It holds your bike upright to allow you to check the fluids, repair, or transport it. Using this wheel chock is easy, and you can use it independently without asking for any assistance.
The quick-release D-Rings allow you to easily lock the tires and unlock them by pulling the motorcycle backward, saving your energy and time. You can use the front strap for your bike’s optimal stable ride and multiply your stability using the rear tire ratchet to enable you to lock the wheel in place.
- Durable and powder coating finish: these features enhance longevity and make it rust and corrosion-resistant. You can even transport it in an open trailer since it can withstand harsh weather patterns.
- Front tie-down system: it comes with this system to help you maintain balance, making it easy to lock the bike during your transit.
- Mounting plate: it comes with a mounting plate making it convenient and easy to load and unloading a motorcycle from the wheel chock.
- Versatility: It is designed to fit in all motorcycle tires because it is adjustable. You can use it to tie down wheels up to 26″.
- Auto-close feature: the D-rings in the front wheel allow you to load and unload your bike; it fastens it firmly without any manual help.
- Rust and corrosion-resistant
- The front tire has an auto-close function
- Sturdy base for stability
- Rear straps aren’t effective
- Need the user to adjust
10. Goplus Motorcycle Wheel Chock Stand
Are you looking for a hard-wearing and safe motorcycle wheel chock? Search none other than Goplus Motorcycle Wheel Chock Stand. The chock comprises premium Q235 steel material with a solid structure, enabling it to support motorbikes with up to 1800 pounds. Its surface is powder-coated, which makes it corrosion and rust-resistant; hence ideal for outdoor use.
The wheel chock is equipped with 14 cradle adjustments with a superior locking system that helps accommodate front and rear tires with sizes from 15-22 inches in diameter and 76-130 mm wide. It has two eye loops that aid in fixing the motorcycle for safe and convenient use. The wheel chock is multipurpose, allowing you to use it in the garage for storage, transportation, or maintenance. Assembling and using this tool is easy since it has an engineering design to fix your bike on any flat surface.
- Maximum capacity: the wheel chock can accommodate big and heavy-duty bikes because its maximum capacity is 1,800 pounds.
- Locking system: the product features a locking system that fits both front and back rear tires sized 15 to 22″ in diameter easily without a problem.
- Durable and powder coated finish: it is constructed from high-quality steel, making it durable, while the coated finishing ensures the tool is rust and corrosion-resistant.
- Patented safety locking system: this feature allows the motorcycle to be upright on any flat surface like transit platforms.
- Easy to set up: you can easily install the wheel chock without another person’s help. You can use it for transporting, storing, or repairing a bike.
- Durable and sturdy
- Adjustable wheel lock
- Safe and convenient
- Easy to use
- Need some modifications
Guide To Buying Motorbike Wheel Chocks
As mentioned above, you should only consider those motorcycle wheel chocks that will fit perfectly on motorcycle tire. Ideally, you should ensure that the chock height is at least around a quarter of your tires full height.
In the same way, the motorcycle chock you pick should be made using durable materials of premium quality. This is the only way you can rest assured that your chock will continue working over the long haul after years of use. Quality materials go a long way in improving the strength and sturdiness of chocks.
Although you might be in a hurry shopping for the best motorcycle wheel chock, we’d advise caution. Instead of trying to get something quickly, take your time and have all the information you need.
Today, most shoppers tend to overlook warranties while looking for a wheel chock. With a warranty, you can be sure that the brand you buy from trusts the quality of their product. As such, most of the brands that don’t offer a warranty are unlike to have your best interest at heart.
Where motorbike accessories are concerned, cheap is almost always expensive. However, this doesn’t also mean that expensive gadgets are necessarily the best you can find in a market.
To get it right, have a workable budget as you go out shopping for motorcycle wheel chocks. This way, you will know whether the chock you are considering falls within or in the vicinity of your budget. If it doesn’t, just let it go and look for a closer alternative.
Using Motorbike Wheel Chocks
- Mounting – The first step would be to mount the chock to the trailer’s deck.
- Placement – After mounting, place your bike against the chock and use the tie-down straps to secure it to the trailer.
- Securing – Next up, you should make sure that both ends of your motorbike are properly secured. The best way to go about doing this would be to tighten the straps around the front wheel before moving to check the back wheels. Make sure that you alternate between the back and front wheels until you get the best tie.
- Compression – Once you are sure that your bike is securely in place, you should compress the front forks. This is done by pushing the handlebars down slightly without exerting too much pressure.
- Gearing – Last but not least, put your bike into gear. This way, you will prevent it from moving backward.
What is a motorcycle wheel chock?
A motorcycle wheel chock is a device that is designed to keep the motorcycle’s front wheel in place. It is useful when storing or transporting the bike to ensure the front wheel doesn’t turn or tip over. They come in various styles and sizes simply to hold the tire in place on the vehicle’s bed and safe during transportation. The motorcycle chock features a pivoting cradle to lock the wheel in place, adjustments to handle different tire widths and diameters, and a base plate to ensure it is stable.
Do I need a motorcycle wheel chock?
Of course, yes, a wheel chock is an essential tool that you can use to keep your bike in place and safe when storing or transporting it in a trailer or vehicle. You can use a motorcycle wheel chock to help keep your motorcycle intact for both short and long transit. In case of brake failure, the wheel chock will prevent the bike from slipping off. It also positions the bike when it needs any repair. Additionally, it protects the bike under harsh weather conditions. It also ensures the motorbike stays upright and safe even when left for a long time.
How do you tie down a motorcycle without a wheel chock?
If you don’t have a wheel chock, you can improvise a piece of wood or plastic. Although they will not fit perfectly, you can wrap and wedge with towels. You need to check to ensure the wheels are fixed before storing or transporting the bike. It is also essential to know that the improvised tool may work perfectly on one motorcycle and not another. You need to choose a device depending on the size and weight of the bike. You can also consult a specialist.
What are the best motorcycle tie-down straps?
Motorcycle tie-down straps are designed to keep an intact bike while on transit in a trailer or truck. They hold the bike in place and prevent it from falling off. They come in various lengths for various sizes. Here are the best tie-down straps in the market:
1. Rhino USA heavy-duty tie-down straps are great for heavy-duty performance.
2. Rhino USA ratchet tie-down straps are durable and can be used for regular activities.
3. Augo ratchet tie-down straps come in different lengths, making perfect multiple bikes.
4. Jaco ratchets tie-down straps and, lastly, Ortem ratchets tie-down straps.
How do you tie down a ratchet strap on a motorcycle?
First thing, you need to have four ratchet straps. Ensure the straps on the truck or trailer with 2 straps on the front and 2 near the rear. Next, ride or push the bike onto the trailer. Fit the front wheels first since the connection is vital. While the motorcycle is on the kickstand, alternate between pulling both front straps until the bike is in position. Make sure the motorcycle sits perfectly vertical. After, connect the rear straps into the motorbike frame. Check if the cycle is firm by shaking it. Lastly, you can transport the bike with confidence to your destination.
A motorcycle wheel chock is helpful to all motorbike owners. They can use the chocks to transport their motorcycles, carry out repairs, or store. Having a reliable and safe wheel chock will give you peace of mind when you leave your bike in the garage for an extended period.
When purchasing a wheel chock for your motorbike, consider factors such as wheel size, bike weight, security, anti-corrosion, budget, and materials used to build the chock. This is because the type of materials used will determine the durability of the chock you purchase. Another factor you need to consider is adjustable models; ensure the chock can be adjusted to accommodate various sizes.