The motorcycle detailers tend to be some of the most versatile cleaners to help you take care of your motorcycle. They are simple and easy to use yet make a huge difference in your motorcycle look. The best motorcycle cleaner bring a superior shine to the exterior component and make cleaning dust, dirt, and grime easy.
If you want your bike to look as if it has been waxed or washed, look no further than the motorcycle detailers. With so many different detailers on the market, getting what suits you best can be a difficult task. Because of this, this review has the best motorcycle detailers to help you save your time, money, and effort from trying out different products.
Our Favorite Motorcycle Detailers
5 Best Motorcycle Cleaner Reviews
1. Meguiar’s Motorcycle Care Kit
- It is easy to use
- Versatile set
- It comes with specific cleaners for targets of different types of dirt.
- The cleaning cloth in the kit tends to wear out quickly.
- The bottle cap design of the cans may cause easy spillage.
Meguiar’s Motorcycle Care Kit is considered one of the top care kits available in the market. This convenient and affordable care kit comes with 7 products that cover all your necessities and requirements for cleaning your motorcycle. Interestingly, you can use this cleaner to take care of different motorcycle finishes. It comes equipped with leather, plastic, vinyl, and metal cleaner, making all your cleaning needs covered. Unlike other cleaners, Meguiar’s motorcycle care kit comes with a finisher and a wax spray, making your motorcycle fresh and shine after each wash.
With the guide, you can clean and polish your motorcycle with ease. It features a microfiber cloth for washing and drying. The cleaners are intensive, and their pH range between 6 -8. Plus, the products are safe for usage and reduce unwanted damage. Moreover, containers are quite handy and are safe for storage and future. Interestingly, the care kit has multiple cleaning options ensuring you don’t keep buying different cleaners every time. Lastly, this cleaner is long-lasting since it contains 7 products.
- The package is Use-friendly.
- It contains 7 products for cleaning and polishing.
- Has the right pH balance.
- Eco-friendly and biodegradable
- The products have essential conditional oils and polymers.
2. Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Detailer
- Perfect for all surfaces.
- It enhances shine and protection.
- UV protection.
- Removes dust, water spots, dirt, and fingerprints.
- Easy to use sprayable detailer.
- Not recommended for extreme dirty surfaces.
If you are looking for a detailer to clean your show car or perform your weekly wash, then Chemical Guys Speed Wipe Detailer will give a deep wet shine that will impress you. The speed wipe is designed to provide a static-free mirror shine. Amazingly, the free-wax detailer is made with gloss enhancers to deliver a fantastic finish. The cleaner is made to repel dust by minimizing static cling. You can keep your motorcycle clean, shiny, and protected with its UV solar protection technology. It is formulated for quick and easy removal of fingerprints, dirt, dust, and smudges.
The detailer gives a streak-free shine on any color paintwork. The detailer works great on any painted surface, including metal, stainless steel, metal, and glass. It comes with a microfiber towel, which creates a high gloss shine on surfaces. Although it is a bike cleaner, you can also use it suitable for cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles, and classic automobiles. You can also use it on painted surfaces, windshields, chrome grilles, trim, exterior surfaces, and even faux wood grain trim.
- UV protection
- Superslick formula
- Enhances shine and protection
- Offer fresh cherry scent.
- Reduces static cling
3. Original Bike Spirits Cleaner and Polish
- The cleaner does not use water.
- Can clean and protect different surfaces, including plastics, engine cases, painted surfaces, helmets, and visors.
- It works as both a polishing spray and a cleaner.
- It protects the bikes against ozone and dirt accumulation.
- Ideal for trucks, motorcycles, ATVs, cars, and boats
- The polish doesn't treat existing scratches.
- It does not last long.
If you are looking for a specific cleaner rather than the complete kit, then Original Bike Spirits Cleaner and Polish will serve you better. The roadside detailer is convenient for quick cleans. Interestingly, the cleaner can clear away road grease, grime, bugs, grit, and mud without water. If you like your motorcycle to shine and look fresh while you are on the road or can’t access water for cleaning, this cleaner is perfect.
It is easy to use the cleaners as you are required to spray your motorcycle and start cleaning and buffing. Amazingly, you can use it on different surfaces such as painted metals, plastic components, chrome features, and engine cases. It is an ideal cleaner for sportbikes and cruisers as it offers excellent cleaning results on dirt bikes. Also, you can use the cleaner for your helmets and visors.
The spray cleaner protects against ozone and prevents the pilling of dirt. You can also use it for different applications like boats, cars, trucks, motorcycles, and ATVs. Lastly, the cleaner is pocket-friendly.
- The product repels water.
- Contains anti-static properties
- t is a waterless cleaner.
- It polishes paint and chrome.
- Great for reducing dust buildup
4. Meguiar’s Motorcycle EZ Clean Spray & Rinse
- Perfect for removing dust, dirt, grime, and dust
- It effectively cleans hard-to-reach parts.
- It ensures easy and quick spray on, rinses off, and wipes.
- It does not come with a microfiber cloth.
- It does not last long.
If you want a safe and easy spray to clean your motorcycle, then Meguiar’s Motorcycle EZ Clean Spray & Rinse will give you the best results. Its design makes it effective for cleaning hard-to-reach components on your bike without damaging other surfaces of the motorcycle. It is suitable for removing dust, grime, and dirt from your bike.
You can trust this form since it works significantly on vertical surfaces and aids in removing grime and dirt. Moreover, the sprayer allows you to easily and quickly spray on, rinse off and wipe for a gleaming clean motorcycle. Finally, the cleaner contains a biodegradable detergent with a balanced pH hence not stripping your wax protection.
- Safe for all surfaces
- Easy and convenient
- Preserves wax
- Foaming action
5. Rat Wax Motorcycle Matte Finish Detailer Spray Cleaner
- Invisible UV protective coating
- It can treat flat, satin, and matte finishes.
- It does not include harmful chemicals.
- Comes with an additional protection layer
- No waxing
- It does not come with a microfiber cloth.
- It is only used on selective finishes.
If you have a bike with a matte, satin, and flat finish, this Rat Wax Motorcycle Matte Finish Detailer Spray Cleaner will suit you best. Interestingly, the spray is great for cleaning and providing a protective coating on your motorcycle at the same time. It is effective on dirt as well as gentle on the bike’s paint finish.
Although the cleaner is excellent for removing dirt, grease, grime, fuel, and water sports, you can also remove oil. Its UV protection feature prevents the paint from the motorcycle from fading off. Thanks to the invisible coating, which protects your bike against harsh weather conditions.
The Rat Wax contains no harmful ingredients and can remain effective. You are guaranteed that it will not leave residue and streak after cleaning your bike with this cleaner. It is ideal for all surfaces such as glass, rubber, plastic, metal, and chrome.
- Contains no harmful ingredients
- Designed for motorcycle with flat, satin, and matte finishes
- Provides UV light blocking protection
- No gloss formula
Below are steps and brief descriptions on detailing the exterior of your Motorcycle.
Auto detailing is more than just running your vehicles through your neighborhood automotive wash or putting on a coat of wax. Detailing your motorcycle is thoroughly cleaning it both inside and outside, removing contaminates, swirls, scratches, oxidation and other imperfections from your car paint to produce a show-quality level of detail.
This site will provide you with step by step information, including pictures and videos on how to detail both the interior and the exterior.
Each step below also includes how often it should be performed.
Click on the step for more in depth description.
- Wash & Drying – (Weekly)-This step removes all the loose dirt and debris from the exterior of the bike. This also includes wheels & wheel wells. Maintaining a clean finish will help prolong your wax or sealant on your paint.
- Use a Quick Detailer in between washing to maintain a freshly washed look.
- Claybar – (Every 3-6 months · depends on the surrounding environment)- This step removes embedded contaminates that normal washing can’t remove and will leave the surface of the paint silky smooth.
- Polish – (1-2 times a year)-This step removes imperfections in the paint (swirls, water marks, bird etching, etc.) and brings back the shine & depth to the paint. Also you can do that with a machine.
- Wax and/or Sealant – (Every 2-6 months · durability depends on product used and environmental conditions)- This step is your protection for your paint, it will also add gloss and wetness to the paint.
- Polish and/or apply a Wheel Sealant to clean and protect wheels – (Protect every 2-3 months · Polish when needed)- This step will help prevent brake dust and road grime from adhering to the surface of the wheels making them easier to clean.
- Clean or polish all chrome or aluminum – (As needed)
- Dress all tires, wheel wells and trim -(Weekly or Twice a month)
- Clean Windows and Door jambs – (Weekly or when needed)
Cleaning your motorcycle can be a tiresome task; however, you will enjoy cleaning with the right motorcycle detailer. Despite the detailers being expensive, they cleaners reduce your cleaning up to half compared to regular detergents. They also reduce the damages caused due to stuck dust and rust caused by everyday soap use.
This article will help you choose the best motorcycle cleaner according to your need and use. So ensure next time you ride, you glean with joy at the shine of your motorcycle.