Music is medicine to the heart and soul. When riding a motorcycle, enjoying the allure of your favorite track can help shift your focus away from the chaotic world. And with the best motorcycle speaker, you can change the tunes easily, hit frequencies that suit your ears, and let the rhythms flow through your veins for a refreshing feel.
It is not a must that you buy a high-end speaker; even the cheapest versions can meet the functions you’re after. What matters is the value of cash. When purchasing, do a compatibility test to check whether the speaker you want to buy suits your bike.
Wireless connections are the best option since they let you stream from cloud media and play the tracks via BlueTooth. However, even a USB cable connection can still suit your needs; only that, you’ll have to deal with infuriating wires. Here is an in-depth list of ten audio systems that promise apex value for cash to help you choose the best motorcycle speaker.
If you are shopping for the best motorcycle speakers but you are not sure about what to get, then you are in the right place. With motorbike speakers, as with any other accessory, making the correct choice will greatly contribute to your overall riding experience. Use this guide to find the right speakers for your bike.
Top Picks : 5 Best Motorcycle Speakers In 2023- Reviews and Buying Guide
Top 10 Best Motorcycle Speakers Reviews- 2023
1. BOSS Audio Systems MRWT40 Marine Waketower Speaker System
It is no surprise that Boss Audio MRWT40 has racked the top position in my list of reviews. The fact is, it loads premium quality that makes it an all-rounder with the perfect value for the buck. This pair comes with a dome shape tweeter that radiates the sound of your music, making you have an immersive experience. Unlike the semi-dome-shaped speakers, the sound emitted by this pair has a higher frequency with a broader dispersion area to make you enjoy the allure to the fullest. Surrounding the body is a premium-quality rubber that withstands impact in case of accidents so that you can count on it for durability.
The cone is made with polyurethane materials and finished in a striking black hue to give it the appeal it deserves. Additionally, the voice coils withstand high temperatures and maintain an edgy performance. All the two factors combined will provide you with nothing less than a resilient and weatherproof pair. Every speaker measures 7.1″ x 5.4″ x 7.1″ and weighs only 5.9 lbs. The pair has an impedance of 0.4 ohms and a frequency ranging between 130Hz to 20kHz.
- It is made from polyurethane: thanks to the resilient and durable material that provides great sound with this long-lasting speaker system.
- Water-resistant: the speaker components are coated and sealed, making them corrosion resistant in all salty environments and humid.
- UV protection: the unit and voice coils can withstand high temperatures and maintain their strength and fatigue features.
- Rubber enclosure: the product is designed with a rubber enclosure to ensure the unit can handle high sound pressure without wear and tear. This makes it effective in producing excellent surround sounds.
- RGB illumination: thanks to this intriguing feature on the wakeboard speaker, which gives a unique mood-setting feel.
- Compatible with any bike model or type
- It comes with an immaculate design that is ideal for high-end fashion bikes
- The speakers are loud enough for an immersive experience
- The rubber cover makes it suitable for withstanding impacts
- The package doesn’t include wiring materials.
2. Boss Audio Systems MC470B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker System
Boss Audio is a reputable brand that manufactures only top-quality speakers, and this one is not any exemption. The crucial feature that sets it apart from other market products is the class D amplifier you can use to give your sound a full range. And since the whole package consists of two mid-range speakers and two full-range speakers, attaining perfect audibility even at high speed is not any hassle. All four speakers fit on a standard handlebar with a size ranging between .75″ to 1.25″.
Boss Audio MCA70B connects to Bluetooth and smartphone devices. You can as well plug it onto Spotify and Pandora to enjoy a vast media library. You don’t need a cable connection since it supports wireless networks. For a more enchanting experience, the speakers enable playback using a 3.5mm auxiliary input when connected to mobile devices. You can restart, rewind, pause, or forward the playing track to enjoy every single beat.
- Bluetooth compatibility: the unit comes equipped with a Bluetooth feature connected to devices such as smartphones, tablets, and computers, thereby allowing instant playability of any audio.
- Adjustable brackets: thanks to the adjustable brackets that allow you to mount the speakers tightly to the bike. Besides, its small design allows you to mount the speakers easily.
- Weatherproof system: all the speaker components, including circuit boards and amplifier connections, are coated and sealed to withstand water and weather.
- Volume control: you can easily tune the systems with convenient inline volume control, which you can mount anywhere for easy tuning.
- Speakers: it comes with 4 speakers and allows you to pick a design that suits your needs and preferences, either black or chrome design
- Ideal for all bikes with handlebars ranging between .75 to 1.25 inches
- It comes with both full and mid-range sound adjustment features
- It weighs only 9 pounds hence won’t add more weight to your bike
- Compatible with 1 12V rechargeable battery
- It does not have an off or on button
3. BOSS Audio Systems MC420B Motorcycle Speaker System
The third in our review is MC420B, another premium brand by Boss Audio. This is a pair of Bluetooth-enabled devices that also support wireless connections. This device also plugs into cloud media stores, enabling you to have an assortment of collections and albums for your journey. Like its counterpart, this device comes with a class D amplifier; just that, it lacks medium-range speakers. With only a press of the button, you can keep the sound loud enough to grasp every rhythm at a speed of up to 100Km/hr.
Boss Audio MC420B is coated silver, while the front is a black-steel-mesh for a contrasting aesthetic appeal. The cover is waterproof to protect from extreme conditions such as heavy rains, sweltering or freezing temperatures, and humidity. The body is rust-free for easy cleaning and durability. The chrome full-range speakers fit onto any handlebar that measures between .75″ to 1.25″. Each speaker measures 3 inches and weighs 4.5 pounds. The pair use a 1, 12 V battery, working at a rate of 600W at the maximum sound.
- Bluetooth compatibility: the speakers can fit in any vehicle with 13volt music systems. You can connect this system to any device that is Bluetooth enabled. It can support other streaming services, including Pandora, Spotify, and Prime music.
- Volume control: With these speakers, you can easily control the speakers without leaning to touch the speakers all the time.
- 600-watt amplifier: the system is equipped with a 600-watt amplifier with a unique design of the pods makes the sound great.
- Rubber layers: the handlebar mounts are designed with a rubber layer to prevent direct contact between the brackets’ metallic surface and the handlebar.
- Aerodynamic design: this design reduces friction on the speakers. It also minimizes the noise that comes from the speaker pods.
- Include Auxiliary input for ease of use
- Wireless connection makes it ideal for selecting tracks
- It has an inline volume control that is easy to navigate
- A durable chrome body guarantees longevity
- You may get hissing sound when streaming Spotify over a Bluetooth connection.
4. GoHawk TS3-Q Gen.2 Motorcycle Weatherproof Bluetooth Speakers
Sure to be one of your favorite speakers, GoHawk will take the tunes and rhythm of your home theatre right onto your bike. It blends fashion with technological advances to come up with 4 aesthetically appealing full-range speakers. The four speakers connect to a stereo unit that also has slots for USB and MicroSD MP3 files. GoHawk supports Bluetooth connection and is compatible with Android and Apple devices. You can connect it to cloud media if you want to enjoy vast storage of audio files.
At the stereocenter, the unit is the clock display to keep you in touch with your timeline needs. Surrounding the center are six other displays; three on the right, three on the left, that show navigation buttons. When connected to the radio, the clock display turns into a radio frequency display, making you tune to your favorite show faster. Lastly, the speaker’s bottom left has a slot for a 3.5mm audio jack perfect for plugging headphones, earpieces, or cell phone devices.
- 3.5 mm audio jack: with this 3.5 mm audio jack, you can connect the system to other devices. It also supports USB and micro SD MP3 files.
- Bluetooth compatibility: you can connect all the mobile phones to this system, thereby controlling all these speakers when they are connected.
- Built-in FM radio: you don’t need to mount external devices to the speakers to enjoy listening to the radio because it comes equipped with built-in radio.
- Waterproof: you don’t have to worry about the weather since it is designed with a waterproof cover to ensure no water gets in. Additionally, the speakers come with a remote controller that does simple functions, including changing the volume or song.
- It comes in a set of 4 speakers that you can install all in one motorcycle or 2 on one and 2 on the other. The amplifier is loud enough for outstanding performance.
- Crystal clear audio quality even in high speed
- Works with standard 12V Power connection
- The package includes all the hardware and wiring you need for installation
- It comes with a remote control that you can use as an alternative
- The radio needs a wire antenna to work
5. Boss Audio Systems MCBK470B Motorcycle Bluetooth Speaker System
A simple audio system may seem not much, but the perfect one will cure all your needs using only a few features. Not only is Boss Audio MCBK470B appropriate for busy city trips, but it also does an excellent job entertaining you into the wilderness or isolated mountain areas. This device installs on scooters, UTV or ATV, and any commercial motorcycles using a fit handlebar. It remains stable and loud enough even at high speed.
Boss Audio MCBK470B supports Bluetooth, plugs into cloud media, and connects to cell phone devices. It comes loaded with an amplifier that you can use to navigate the frequencies, volumes, and media. The outer body is a weatherproof rubber that prevents corrosion and abrasion. Each of the four speakers measures 3-inch in size and weighs only a couple of pounds. Once connected, you can use the inline volume control to raise or lower their volume as a unit. Even better, the system has an auxiliary input that accepts a 3.5 mm jack from a phone or any other secondary device.
- Small and compact design: each speaker is 4.8 inches long with 6.1 inches tall. This design allows you to mount the speakers in the handlebars easily.
- 1000-watt: the product is equipped with 1000 watts to produce the loudest sound for the 4-set system. Additionally, the 2-set offers decent quality with crisp sound and little interference.
- Bluetooth compatibility: the audio system supports all Bluetooth-enabled devices hence instant playability of the music. You can also connect to the amplifier using the 3.5 mm AUX connector.
- Weatherproof: the speakers are designed with weatherproof material on all the speaker’s components, making them durable and long-lasting.
- The black outer guarantee better external appeal
- Versatile to install on all handlebars with .75 to 1.25 inches installation port
- The simple design is compatible with almost all type of motorcycle
- The system is loud enough even at a speed of above 100Km/hr.
- You need some wiring skills to install
6. BOSS Audio Systems MC650B 1200w Bluetooth Speaker
Boss Audio is intent on taking a substantial part in this review. It is not surprising to see this happen since the manufacturer only releases cream-top quality, and MC650B is not exempt. This product consists of two sets of speakers that weigh a sum of 4 pounds. Each speaker is coated silver with black color around the head to give it the striking appeal it deserves. The package also includes a black-coated unit with a class D amplifier. Each speaker is chrome-bodied and measures 3.”
This unit connects to a Bluetooth device and also plugs into platforms such as Spotify and pandora box. Additionally, it comes with a 3.5mm Auxiliary input that you can use to plug your mobile device or any other compatible secondary device to stream your audio. Controlling this unit is not any daunting as it comes with a remote controller. The speakers are also full-range so that you can keep it loud enough depending on your personal preferences.
- Weatherproof: the audio system is weatherproof, ensuring the unit components are protected against harsh environmental conditions such as rain, fog, and other elements.
- Multifunction remote: thanks to the wired remote control, which is mounted in a convenient place to allow you to control volume, track, and other functions while riding your motorbike.
- Bluetooth compatibility: allows you to connect the speakers to Bluetooth-enabled devices such as smartphones or streaming music from Pandora or Spotify.
- Great for: touring bikes, ATVs, motorcycles, scooters because it is equipped with 1200 watt max power Amp and 2 pairs of 3inch full-range speakers.
- Come with adjustable brackets that install in 0.75″ to 1.25″ handlebars
- Supports UTV and ATV, Bluetooth, and physical connection
- Chrome-cast and the silver coating are durable for years of use
- Ideal for any type of motorcycle available in the market
- This system is only weatherproof and not waterproof.
7. BOSS Audio Systems MC625BA Motorcycle Speaker Sound System
Boss Audio does it again, this time allowing you to blast your music to the peak as you keep the blaze. This device won our heart for its pair of beautiful chrome-finished body and sleek dome shape, making it an ideal fit for any bike. Boss Audio MC625BA is equally tested to keep a strong Bluetooth connection when using Android and Apple devices. It also has a 3.5mm auxiliary input that allows users to chip in their secondary devices and enjoy the tracks. Even more critical, it chips directly to Pandora and Spotify, enabling users to enjoy a vast library.
The Class D Amplifier is a cherry top to what the full-range speakers have in store. When connected, this device achieves up to a 10KHz frequency, making it even better when looking for speakers that punch like a drum. It also has a snug-fit auxiliary pot for chipping other audio devices that support 3.5mm input. The controller is a thumb-sized head with five buttons to increase and decrease volume, pause the track, or choose back or forth audio.
- Bluetooth compatibility: the audio system is connected to other devices through Bluetooth so that you can listen to music from devices such as Pandora and Spotify through the speakers.
- Weatherproof: the speakers are designed from dust-proof, rust-proof, waterproof material; thereby, they are protected from water, dust, rust, and other elements.
- Multi-function remote: thanks to the convenient wired remote controller installed anywhere for easy tuning, volume up or down, pause or play, and next music.
- Adjustable brackets: the product comes equipped with adjustable brackets that fit speakers perfectly on handlebars ranging between 0.75” and 1.5”.
- Require no wiring during installation
- Ideal for any bike
- It has a user-friendly controller with only the basics
- Cheaper than most variants by Boss Audio
- It doesn’t turn on when you ignite your motorcycle with no wiring.
8. LEXIN LX-S3 Motorcycle Blfavorite Speakers with FM Radio Antenna
Lexin LX-S3 takes the guesswork out of FM/AM radio frequencies to give users a perfect opportunity to enjoy favorite channels. It comes with a durable radio antenna that lets you connect to a station of your choice. Well, that’s not all; Lexin LX-S3 also supports Bluetooth connection and has an auxiliary input for connecting your phone.
This is the only speaker capable of charging your phone device while being used. Meaning, you can use it as a power bank, especially when treading areas away from the grid. When it comes to installation, you’ve got the choice of mounting this audio system on the handlebar, engine guard, or any other place you are comfortable with. It installs perfectly on handlebars with 0.75 to 1.25-inch diameters. The unit has a control knob that lets you adjust the volume and frequency of the speaker. It has a back and forth button, pause, and repeat buttons. Near the control, a switch is a one-button that you can use to change the FM radio channels or search for new ones.
- Aerodynamic design: thanks to the speaker pods’ bullet shape, which gives it aerodynamic design while mounting on the handlebars as it reduces friction on the speaker.
- Bluetooth v4.0: the unit comes with a Bluetooth v4.0 feature which makes it more stable than others. You can connect any Bluetooth-enabled device with the speakers.
- Modern and stylish design: the speakers tend to be pretty modern and stylish, unlike others. It can fit perfectly on almost all the bikes as they have a black metallic finish and chrome coated speakers.
- Ideal for all bikes: the handlebar length ranges from 0.87 to 1.25 inch making it perfect for most standard motorcycles.
- Easy to use with a few control buttons
- Easy to install without any tool
- The Chromecast body is waterproof, rust-proof, and weatherproof
- The silver body is aesthetically appealing and durable for years of use
- It is not louder compared to other models in the market.
9. GoHawk TN4-R Amplifier
GoHawk TN-R is an audio system consisting of a pair of Bluetooth-enabled speakers and an amplifier. All the two speakers are in full range; they can hit a frequency of up to 20KHz when tuned to the highest volume. On the other hand, the amplifier measures 4 inches and comes with built-in Bluetooth and a slot for an auxiliary jack. The Bluetooth connection can reach up to a 15m range, making the device ideal for use with a small group of up to three people.
Using the GoHawk TN-R is excellent since its glossy body guarantees the aesthetic appeal you may need to furnish your vehicle. The exterior of the speaker is coated silver, with the head sections finished in a striking black. The sleek chrome finish is also durable, waterproof, dust-proof, and rust-proof so that you can be sure about years of use. Installing this unit is also not a daunting process since it fits any handlebar with a circumference ranging between 1 to 1.5”. The unit sits well and functions great on Harley Motorcycle, ATV, UTV, Wheeler Polaris, and RZR4.
- Built-in FM radio: with this product, you don’t need to connect external FM radio since it comes equipped with a built-in radio feature.
- Bluetooth feature: you can easily connect these speakers to any Bluetooth-enabled device. Moreover, you can connect the audio system to a Nav controller or cd player to listen to music.
- Wired controller: the audio system is designed with a wired controller to make device controlling easier. It is simple to use and doesn’t have too many buttons to make it complex. You can control volume and song playing and make and receive calls with the controller’s help.
- Modern technology: the 4 speakers generate highly energetic and loud sound, making the system outstanding.
- Constructed from durable waterproof, rust-proof, dust-proof hence guarantees you that the system will last for many years.
- Louder enough even at high speed of more than 100Km/hr
- Perfect for use even in the rain
- Compatible with both android and iPhone mobile cellphones
- Plugs to cloud media and supports Bluetooth functions
- An amplifier is not waterproof; hence you must cover it against raindrops.
10. GoHawk RD8 Gen.2
GoHawk RD8 is a pair of cylindrical speakers that hits all the frequencies you may be looking for in your new device. Each speaker measures 7.8 inches and weighs 0.79kgs. The mounting clamp is located at one end of the cylindrical speaker and fits handlebars with a circumference of 7/8″ to 1 1/4″. For effortless installation, each clamp consists of a mounting bracket and a screw that you can use to fasten the speakers snugly and rigidly into place. Even better, the package consists of red and green wires with a manual detailing how you should carry the wiring process.
This pair of speakers comes with a 3.5mm input that accepts jack from any compatible cell phone. It also supports Bluetooth connection, USB, MicroSD card for MP3 files, and radio. At the center of each speaker is a display for the radio frequency and buttons for changing tracks, rewinding, pause, and a lot more. And since it connects to a Bluetooth device that is up to 15Meters away, this unit works best if you intend to share the audio listening experience.
- Easy to install: the speakers are easy to mount to the handlebars. They feature a mounting clamp that supports 7/8″ to 1 1/4″” handlebars of most standard bikes.
- Weatherproof construction: the device is constructed from durable and weatherproof material, making it highly reliable and withstands all weather conditions.
- Unique LED display: the audio system is equipped with an LED display that offers the functions’ convenient navigation. It contains power-off features, a clock, and automatic memory.
- 3.5 mm AUX jack: it comes with a 3.5 mm AUX jack to ensure connection to different devices. It also supports FM radio and works with devices such as MP3s and phones.
- The compact body takes less space compared to most variants
- Easy to use with a press o the buttons, it comes with
- Compatible with any type of cell phone
- Louder enough for use even under high speed
- It does not plug into cloud media such as Spotify and Pandora Box
Why Buy Motorcycle Speakers?
So, why should you invest in the best motorcycle speakers in the first place? What benefits are you likely to gain by so doing? Consider the following:
For starters, buying the best motorcycle speakers means that you will be less prone to getting involved in accidents. After bike speakers were introduced, it was deemed unlikely that riders would be in as much danger as when the only option were ear buds and earphones – which make one deaf to the sounds in one’s surroundings.
Further, when you wear ear buds in such states as California and New York, you will be slapped with a traffic ticket.
- Safer Hearing
Motorbike speakers will also protect you from damaging your hearing. Listening to music through earphones and ear buds is likely to impact your hearing negatively. This risk is reduced for riders who only have motorcycle speakers.
Factors To Consider While Shopping For Motorbike Speakers
There are some factors you need to consider while shopping for the best motorcycle speakers. These factors include:
- Speaker Type
Some of the options open to you include handlebar speakers, Bluetooth speakers, and helmet speakers. The choice you make should be totally up to you – meaning that you should pick something that is in keeping with your personal preferences. That said, most riders tend to have a good experience with handlebars speakers.
Wattage is used as a measure of the volume of speakers. As such, it is an important feature to consider while shopping for the right motorbike speakers. After all, the higher the wattage, the better the general performance of the device over the long haul.
However, if most of your rides are around your local town – and the town is not quite as noisy – then the best option might be to get speakers with lower wattage. High wattage options are generally better for riders who frequently cruise on highways and in open spaces.
- Input Sources
You should also consider the methods available for connecting your bike speakers to a music device. Some speakers, to this end, come with head units installed as the primary input source. These speakers will allow you to fill the SD card in the head unit with your favorite playlists and songs.
Others can connect to portable devices such as phones, MP3 players, and iPods.
- Additional Features
Where possible, look for speakers that come with some extra features. It is these features that will make for smoother rides and better experiences while out on the road. Some features to watch for include Bluetooth options, docking stations, and thumb control.
Thumb control means that you won’t get distracted while you are on your bike. A docking station will hold the source of the music (iPod, phone, and the like) while they charge so that you are not out of battery power. The Bluetooth option, on the other hand, will save you from the extra wiring needed to connect the speakers and the device.
- Water Resistance
Motorbike speakers should be water resistant. As a rider, you probably understand that the lifestyle you chose means that you will encounter rain, moisture, and general exposure to the elements.
As such, when you shop for the best motorcycle speakers, you should ensure that the choice you make will be able to resist all these elements – particular any wet condition that might spoil them.
- Speaker Size
The speakers you choose should be of the right size. The thickness, for instance, should perfectly fit on your helmet or on the handles on your motorcycle. Interestingly, the diameter of the speakers will also affect the frequency and the overall sound quality from the device.
- Sound Quality
Last but not least, only choose those speakers that will provide a sound quality that will be good enough to make the investment worth it. It doesn’t make sense to splash a bit of money on speakers that you will not be happy to switch on and listen to.
Which brand has the best sound system?
Boss is a brand with the highest market share when it comes to sound systems. The audio systems are durable, stylish, and in quality handling; hence, you will not have to complain about anything. Additionally, you would find any issue with the Bose sound systems. They are reliable, have quality sound, and easy to mount on the handlebars. Moreover, it comes with outstanding features that make it unique and excellent for your vehicle.
How many watts are motorcycle speakers?
For a standard motorcycle, each speaker should have 10 to 15 watts of power, although it isn’t enough to hear music at cruising speed. However, if you are highway riders, look for a sound system with about 300 watts and a maximum of 600 watts. The higher the watts, the incredible the music will sound when on full blast.
Can you put speakers on a motorcycle?
Yes, the first thing you need to consider is a sound system compatible with the bike. Follow the instructions given to bolt or strap the speakers to your motorcycle. Now, run the audio power cable from the battery of the bike to the sound system. Install the speakers as required on the bike. Run the audio wiring from the stereo to the speakers. Finally, test your stem and make sure you make sound adjustments as desired.
Is it legal to wear earplugs while riding a motorcycle?
Most states don’t have laws prohibiting one from wearing earplugs, allowing one to wear them when riding a motorcycle. However, some states, including California, Maryland, and Ohio, have restricted riding with earplugs. In Ohio, it bans on wearing earplugs in both ears while riding any vehicle. In California, earplugs are allowed as long as they don’t prevent the rider from hearing horns from other vehicles. For Maryland, the law is similar to that of California only difference is that it recommends using custom earplugs.
Can you listen to music while riding a motorcycle?
Yes, motorcyclists are allowed to listen to music while riding bikes. You need to follow safe, reliable, and legal ways, including using a stereo system on your bike. Additionally, you can also use a Bluetooth helmet. Don’t use headphones while riding because it is prohibited and can also be dangerous.
Boss audio systems held influential positions in our reviews. Well, you can’t go wrong with any model from the brand. You’ve noticed these models share a range of features that match everything you may be looking for in your new device. All support Bluetooth and also plugs to cloud media such as Spotify. Also, they come with auxiliary input for chipping your jack. Is that not all you are looking for?
Well, aside from the Boss audio, GoHawk is another reputable company. We’ve reviewed two devices from the brand. These two are the best alternatives for the Boss Audio. They also come with all the essential features you may look for in a new device. Test any and tell us what works best for you.