Snowmobile gloves are essential gear while riding your motor sled. Apart from keeping your hands warm and dry, they protect you from strong winds, snow, and water during your spring or winter snowmobiling. While participating in this adventurous sport, you need to wear a pair of gloves that offers you optimal comfort, ideal fitness, and better grip. This is why you need to buy the best snowmobile gloves.
There are some of the factors that you need to consider when purchasing your snowmobile gloves. First is the material; bearing in mind that the gloves should keep you warm during winter, choose the gloves with thick fabrics. The material also determines the durability of the gloves. Snowmobile gloves should also protect you from impacts, shocks, and minor accidents.
Again, choose gloves that have a waterproof feature and better insulation. The insulation thickness determines the activity to carry out during winter without your hands being wet. Other things to put into consideration include the size, adjustability, closure type, and reflective design.
For you to enjoy all your winter sports activities, you must have the best snowmobile gloves. Selecting the best snowmobile gloves is challenging as there are so many brands on the market. But you don’t have to worry. We have taken our precious time to research to ensure you got nothing but the best.
Top Picks : 5 Best Snowmobile Gloves
Top 10 Best Snowmobile Gloves Reviews- 2023
1. Premium Leather Snowmobile Mittens
These gloves will give you optimal snowmobile protection. They have long flared cuffs for overlapping your jacket cuffs to keep rain, wind, sleet, and snow out. The gloves are made from premium soft real leather that helps to offer more comfort and less fatigue. The leather material is also windproof to stop the winds and for added durability.
The soft insulation lining is made from lightweight 3M Thinsulate to keep you warm all day long. The lining is removable for easy cleaning. The gloves are equipped with a Velcro closure and elasticized panel at the wrist to offer a snug fit. They are available in XS to XX-large. Therefore, ensure you measure to get the right size.
- Thinsulate material: the snowmobile mitten is designed with Thinsulate material to ensure the body is retained and isolated from escaping.
- Removable interior liner: the model features a removable interior liner to allow the user to adjust quickly and for easy cleaning of the liner.
- Comfort: with this mitten, you will have maximum comfort and less fatigue since it is made from a premium soft layer.
- Long cuff design: thanks to the long and wide cuff, they are designed to prevent wind and snow getting in. Besides, it features Velcro closure and elasticized panel to provide a snug fit.
- Removable for easy cleaning
- It is made with lightweight Thinsulate material
- Designed from premium soft leather
- It comes in multiple sizes
- A bit pricey
2. Carhartt Men’s WP Waterproof Glove
Are you looking for comfortable, reliable, and hard-wearing snowmobile gloves? Search no more. Carhartt Men’s WP Waterproof Glove is an ideal choice for you. They are designed to withstand nasty weather conditions and stand-ups elements for hard-working people. The gloves are built to ensure you are comfortable 24/7 and take on any job in any situation. The nitrile grip helps to offer breathability and excellent grip.
The gloves are made from high-quality system synthetic leather, making them durable and sturdy. They are insulated to ensure you remain warm when the temperatures go down. The fleece and knit offer more comfort and minimal coverage. Plus, the gloves feature a contoured rubber palm that provides superior dexterity and grip in dry and wet conditions. They are also sweat-wicking and waterproof to ensure your hands are dry and warm throughout the day.
- Gauntlet construction: the glove is constructed from a gauntlet which provides the user with all-purpose polyex protection.
- Hook and loop cuffs and inserts: it comes equipped with hook and loop cuffs and inserts to keep your hands warm and dry.
- Leather and polyester lining material: the product’s shell is made from leather and polyester lining to provide maximum grip and dexterity when the weather is cold.
- Soft exterior: although the shell of the gloves is soft, it doesn’t scratch easily. It provides excellent grip and warmth.
- Waterproof insert
- Easy to handle
- Hand washable
- Not durable
3. Gordini Gore Promo Glove Men’s
These gloves will ensure your hands are warm and dry throughout the day, thanks to the moisture-wicking lining. The polyurethane palms will give you a long-lasting grip. They are equipped with an adjustable cuff strap that offers a custom fit, while the drawstring bottom prevents the snow, water, and ice from getting inside.
The gloves are made from premium genuine leather that makes them hard-wearing and robust enough to endure harsh weather conditions. The reinforced palm helps to offer more durability. The 100% GORE-TEX insert is breathable and waterproof to provide the optimal comfort that you deserve.
- Adjustable gauntlet cuff: the glove features an adjustable gauntlet cuff to allow you to fasten, tightens it when you feel cold, and also opens it to let air in.
- Polyester fleece and Lavawool lining: for insulation purposes, you will realize the glove has Lavawool lining to keep your hands warm so that you can move them freely when working. Polyester fleece is best for moisture-wicking.
- Polyester exterior with Gore-Tex: this feature makes the product to be waterproof and breathable. It maximizes comfort while wearing.
- Adjustable cuff strap: it comes with an adjustable cuff strap and works with a drawstring bottom to keep the gloves tight and firm.
- Durable and reliable
- Breathable and windproof Gore-Tex inserts
- Great for insulation
- Not meant for people with smaller hands
4. MCTi Waterproof Mens Ski Gloves Winter Warm 3M Thinsulate
Other than protecting you from excess cold, these gloves are elegant and stylish. They are insulated with warm and lightweight 3M Thinsulate thick enough to ensure your hands stay warm in cold weather. This makes these gloves ideal for winter riding, skiing, hiking, snowboarding, among other snowsports. The adjustable buckle wrist strap and the drawstring closure give you a snug fit. The lining is so soft and comfortable for skin touch.
The gloves are made from polyester materials that make them hard-wearing and sturdy. They are equipped with composite three layers of a softshell that prevent snow and wind from getting inside. Your hands will remain dry all day long, thanks to the waterproof TPU insert membrane. The reinforced rubber fingers and a soft, covered PU palm provide a flexible and robust hand grip. The heated warmer pocket allows you to place keys, cash, cards, among other small items.
- 3M Thinsulate: the glove is constructed from 3M Thinsulate, which offers great insulation. It is a great way to keep your hands from the cold weather.
- Zipper pocket: thanks to the zipper pocket, which provides a space where you can store items you may need, including cards and keys.
- High-quality softshell: the softshell is made from superior material to prevent snow and wind from getting in and making it easy to concentrate on the work.
- Adjustable wrist pocket: the snowboarding gloves feature an adjustable wrist pocket to allow you to customize the fit based on your wrist size.
- It has a zippered pocket
- The softshell is designed from great material
- The seams tend to be weak.
5. Waterproof Thermal Winter Ski Gloves
Are you looking for long-lasting and multipurpose gloves? Search no other than Ski Gloves. These gloves are used in numerous outdoor activities like riding, climbing, professional skiing, snowmobiling, and hiking. They last for an extended period as they are made from 100% polyester inner and outer is made of 40% polyester and 60% polyamide.
The gloves feature a HIPORA Korea waterproof jacket that keeps away the snow, water, and wind. This ensures that your hands warm and dry while playing in cold weather conditions. The palms are made from slip-resistant PU material that is easy to grasp, giving you added protection. You can loosen or tighten the gloves using the adjustable wrist closure to have a custom fit and more comfort. The men sizes are S: 8-8.5cm, M: 8.5-9.5cm, L: 9.5-10.5cm, while women sizes are S: 7.5-8cm, M: 8-8.5cm, L: 8.5-9cm.
- Waterproof and slip-resistant material: it is constructed from waterproof fabric to ensure the product prevents water from getting in. to add more, the palms using slip-resistant material offer easy grasp and movement and give more protection.
- Adjustable wrist closure: this feature allows you to loosen or fasten the glove depending on comfort, sealing out wind and snow while skiing.
- Durable and insulation: the product is made from polyester and polyamide to ensure the glove lasts longer. The other fabrics provide maximum warmth.
- Versatility: the gloves can be used for outdoor activities, including climbing, hiking, riding, skiing, and many more.
- Excellent fit
- Comfortable to use
- Great for heat retention
- Not much durable compared to others
6. Carhartt Men’s WP Waterproof Glove
The gloves are designed to offer maximum protection in all your outdoor sports activities. They are made from 100% polyester and synthetic leather materials that make them sturdy and hard-wearing. The fast dry technology lining helps to wick away sweat to ensure your hands stay dry and comfortable all day long. They also feature a seamless knit glove and contoured rubber palm that provides better grip and dexterity in any weather condition.
The waterproof insert and sweat-wicking help to ensure your hands are warm and dry always. The adjustable buckle strap helps you to tighten or loosen the gloves for a snug fit. The durable poly tex shell ensures no snow gets inside the glove.
- Waterproof: the glove is made from polyester, which is a superior waterproof fabric. This feature makes it perfect for outdoor activities during wet and cold seasons.
- It comes in various sizes: with this model, your hands will fit perfectly and allow you to work comfortably since they come in multiple sizes.
- Ultrasoft insulator features: an ultrasoft insulator to keep your hands warm hence preventing them from numbing and ruining what you are doing.
- Reinforced polyurethane palm: the glove comes with a reinforced polyurethane palm to make you feel comfortable while wearing it.
- Dry-Maxwaterproof insert: it features a Dry-Max Waterproof insert that keeps your hands free from water that can make you uncomfortable while doing your work.
- Sturdy and durable
- Convenient and comfortable to use
- It comes with a waterproof insert
- Available in various sizes
- Too warm when used in warm weather
7. VELAZZIO Waterproof Breathable Snowboard Gloves
These gloves are perfect for snowmobiling, snowboarding, ice climbing, skiing, and mountaineering. They are ideal for both men and women. The gloves are equipped with Fan-Tex membrane technology to keep your hands dry and allow sweat out, keeping you comfortable in harsh weather conditions. This is because the membrane is waterproof.
The gloves are designed with robust 3M Thinsulate fabric that is moisture-wicking and highly breathable to keep you warm while snowmobiling. The hard-wearing PU palms have rubber dots to offer you a superior grip. The gloves provide a custom fit, thanks to the drawstring closure and adjustable buckle wrist strap that prevent water and snow from creeping in. They also have a water-resistant zipper pocket that you can use to carry keys, cards, cash, among other small and lightweight things.
- 3M Thinsulate material: the pair of gloves is designed from 3M Thinsulate material to trap heat and provide maximum warmth.
- Fan-Tex membrane material: thanks to the Fan-Tex membrane fabric, which makes the product breathable, moisture-wicking, and waterproof.
- Adjustable strap: the wrap comes with an adjustable strap and drawstring closure to prevent water and coldness from getting into the gloves.
- Zippered pocket and PU rubber dots: the glove comes with zippered pockets to allow you to store your keys and cards conveniently. For enhanced grip, the palms are lined with durable PU rubber dots.
- Warm and lightweight
- Waterproof and breathable
- Durable rubber dots
- It features a zippered pocket
- It comes with a warranty
- Too heavy for use
8. RIVMOUNT Winter Ski Gloves for Men Women
Feel the warmth while you are in the cold with these RIVMOUNT Winter Ski Gloves. They are made of advanced 3M Thinsulate insulation, hard-wearing TPU, and a waterproof coating shell that helps your hands stay warm and allow moisture to escape. The anti-slip TPU palm design offers a better grip and maintains dexterity. This makes the gloves suitable for climbing, running, snowmobiling, cycling, skiing, among other outdoor activities.
The palms are made from PU leather, making them sturdy enough and hard to damage to protect your palm more effectively. Your hands will stay dry for an extended period, thanks to the waterproof TPU film. The gloves can be tightened or loosened anytime using the adjustable buckle strap to keep away snow, water, and wind from getting in. They have a sensitive touch screen capability that allows you to use your tablet, smartphone, and iPhone without taking off the liner gloves.
- 3M Thinsulate fabric: The ski glove is made from 3M Thinsulate, a great insulation material. This feature makes it excellent for warmth and is suitable for both women and men to do outdoor activities.
- Protection and convenience: the palm is made of PU leather to enhance grip. It also protects the palm effectively. Thanks to the zipper pockets, it is convenient to carry keys, cash, and cards.
- Multipurpose: it is ideal for cycling, camping, riding a motorcycle, and other outdoor activities. You can also use it for skiing, snow shoveling, sledding, hiking, snowmobile, and other winter outdoor activities.
- Waterproof and windproof: the gloves exterior surface is designed with waterproof material to keep your hands dry and warm in winter. Moreover, the adjustable wrist strap and drawstring system prevent snow and wind into the gloves.
- Waterproof and windproof
- It offers protection and convenience
- Excellent insulation
- Perfect for both men and women
- Tend to be smaller for people with larger hands
- Not warm enough
9. Amazon Basics Cold Proof Thermal Winter Work Gloves
These are high-end snowmobile gloves sold at an affordable price. This means that they will serve you for an extended period; hence, you see your money’s value. They are made of a polyester lining, a genuine deerskin leather palm, and the hand back is made of 38% polyester filling and 62% olefin. Other than snowmobiling, you can use these gloves for skiing, shoveling, snowboarding, snow climbing, among other cold-weather activities.
The insulated cotton lining coupled with a soft thermal fleece layer helps keep your hands comfortable and warm. The gloves are also windproof and waterproof to ensure no water, wind, or snow creep in. The elastic wrist cuff allows you to have a snug fit. They measure 9.6 by 1.2 by 4.7 inches and are easy to clean. You just need to wipe using a wet towel.
- Waterproof and windproof: the thermal winter work glove is made from waterproof fabric to ensure no water or cold air gets in it.
- Insulated cotton lining and soft thermal fleece layer: These features make the hands warm and comfortable to use for a longer time with these winter gloves.
- Multipurpose: the product is suitable for snowboarding, skiing, shoveling, and other cold-weather activities.
- Sturdy and durable: it features deerskin leather palm and polyester lining, which are excellent fabrics for durability. With this wear-resistant design, you are guaranteed longevity.
- Sturdy and durable
- Waterproof and windproof
- Ideal for various cold-weather activities
- Keeps hands warm and comfortable
- Snug fit
- Tend to be small in size
- Not durable compared to other gloves
10. SKYDEER 3M Scotchgard Waterproof Gloves
These gloves combine deerskin leather and sports gloves concept to give you an exceptional performance while playing. They have unique features that give you more power in your outdoor sports activities. The gloves are made from premium materials that offer a better combination of warmth, durability, waterproof, safety, and comfort. This makes the gloves ideal for snowmobiling, snowboarding, skiing, ice climbing, ice fishing, hiking, shoveling. The 3M Scotchgard waterproof genuine leather is so soft and flexible, providing better abrasion-resistant.
The 150g Thinsulate insulation is lightweight, strong but thin enough to ensure you remain comfortable, warm, and allow moisture to escape. This ultra-soft insulation and lining are equipped with fast dry technology that ensures your hands are sweat-free. The gloves are 100% waterproof with a windproof bladder design to prevent water and wind from creeping in. They fit most of the hands, thanks to the adjustable pull strap and knitted inner cuff. You can use the zip pocket to store keys, cards, and air-activated warmers.
- Adjustable pull strap and cuff: the glove is designed with an adjustable pull strap and inner cuff to fit hands. To add more, the material provides good stretch.
- Ideal for winter outdoor activities: it is suitable for skiing, shoveling snow, snowboarding, hiking, ice fishing, and other activities.
- Waterproof and windproof: it is designed with a waterproof and windproof bladder design making it great for winter sports and cold weather work.
- Good abrasion resistance and insulation: the soft leather suede is flexible, making it abrasion-resistant. The lightweight 150g 3M Thinsulate fabric makes it excellent for insulation.
- Waterproof and breathable
- Great for insulation
- Snug fit
- Provide a stretch
- Keeps hands sweat-free and dry
- Not designed for winter chores
- The seams tend to be weak
What to Look for in the Best Snowmobile Gloves
- Mittens vs. Gloves
There’s a debate going on among winter sports enthusiasts about what is best suited to deal with cold weather. Whereas most snowmobile owners prefer mittens, others opt for gloves.
That said, you should keep in mind that mittens tend to be warmer since they are designed to keep the fingers together for purposes of promoting the generation of extra heat by the body.
However, mittens are not altogether practical. In fact, they can be useless especially when you need to use your hands for such essential activities as driving your snowmobile or tying your shoes.
Since riding a snowmobile is an active engagement, it follows that the wise option would be to go with the best snowmobile gloves. By so doing, you will receive the extra flexibility you need while still ensuring that your fingers are warm enough.
While shopping for gloves, you should try getting a pair that provides enough insulation for the intended use and the weather conditions in which you intend to wear them.
Experts recommend that, to this end, you look for materials like wool, Thermoloft, and Primaloft. If the product description for the gloves you are looking at buying shows that the pair contains any of these materials, it is an excellent indication that the gloves are insulated.
Seeing as how you will be using the best snowmobile gloves in wet and snowy conditions, you must ensure that you buy waterproof. If possible, look for gloves that have a Gore-Tex shell especially if you need top quality protection from water and moisture.
Some snowmobile gloves have removable liners. This feature is great because you’ll get warmth control and be able to adjust the level of insulation you get from the pair you bought.
In the same way, waterproof liners will work out well when you need to protect your hand. You can buy these liners separately – meaning that this will not make or break the deal as you go about shopping for the perfect snowmobile gloves.
As far as possible, only buy gloves that come with synthetic palm or durable and tacky leather for better grip.
The best snowmobile gloves are those that fit in your hands perfectly and snugly. To this end, you should ensure that there isn’t much room left in between the glove tips and the fingers. Properly fitted gloves will increase maneuverability, flexibility, and warmth.
In the same way, you need to consider the design of the snowmobile jacket you will be wearing. Then, buy gloves that are properly aligned and go with your snowmobiling wear.
Since gloves intended for use with snowmobiles tend to go through tons of wear and tear as well as abuse, it follows that you should consider buying a pair that comes with annual or lifetime warranty. This strategy will help you ensure you only get gloves that will go over and beyond a single season.
Snowmobile gloves are essential when participating in any outdoor sports activities. The main intention is to protect you from cold to ensure your hands remain warm and dry throughout the day. These gloves also help to prevent the user from other minor injuries. Therefore, you must have the best snowmobile gloves to protect your hands entirely.
When purchasing snowmobile gloves, ensure they feature the waterproof/windproof design to prevent water, snow, and water from creeping in. Also, ensure that the outer shell is built with premium materials for durability purposes. The palms should be padded for better grip, while the cuffs need to be elastic or adjustable to offer a custom fit. The above are among the best snowmobile gloves on the market. Buy one, and you won’t regret it.