With the best dual sport tires, you will get the reliable and predictable grip you need while riding over a wide variety of surfaces. In the same way, these tires will be durable over the long haul, while simultaneously providing you with ideal handling. This will be irrespective of the terrain or the bike you are on.
So, which are these dual sport tires? Read on to find out:
Choosing the best dual sport tires is easier to do once you can predict the kind of terrain where you will be doing most of your riding. Although you might be a skilled rider and able to use any kind of tire, you will still need to be careful about the tires on your motorbike.
10 Best Dual Sport Tires 2020 Reviews:
1. Dunlop American Elite Rear All Season Radial Tire
On a motorcycle, the two most significant components are the front and rear tires. No matter how efficient the engine or how powerful the brakes are, if the tires are weak and unable to do their job, you’re going to end up having a terrible ride.
Therefore, you need the best tires for a smooth ride on your motorcycle. The Dunlop American Elite is one of the best and ideal rear tires that is compatible with all the seasons. If you’re a rider who lives to cover a lot of miles, then this product is for you.
This tire has been constructed to cover miles that range from 15,000-18,000, with ease. You don’t have to worry about the tire losing its stability because it is designed to last for ages.
The American Elite is highly versatile, and you can ride it on any road such as the highway or the twisting and turning back roads. It will also survive all types of harsh weather conditions.
It also comes in different measurements and sizes. With the sizes ranging from 15 inches to 21 inches in diameters and a combination of bias-ply and radial structure, they’re ideal for any cruiser, tourer, as well as the amateurs and professionals.
The innovative rear tire from Dunlop has all the elements that you’re looking for, from durability, excellent stability to a fantastic wet weather clutch.
- Tremendous mileage
- Very durable and sturdy
- Ability to withstand harsh weathers
- Has a long tread life
- Little noisy
2. Kenda Cruiser K671 Motorcycle Street Tire
A great motorcycle needs a set of great tires. As we know, having high-quality tires are necessary for your bike. The problem nowadays is that it’s easy to get muddled with the numerous amounts of tires in the market.
Before purchasing a tire, it is vital to know its features and capabilities. The best tires come with unique and innovative aspects that make riding a fun experience. Kenda Cruiser K671 is one such fantastic piece of a tire.
The tires have a 6-ply design, which is excellent for all kinds of activities such as touring, cruiser, as well as a sports bike. If you have experience with mounting, you will find it very easy to fit these tires because they’re tubeless and extremely easy to install.
A quite noticeable feature of this Cruiser K671 tire is its stiff sidewalls. What it does is help you get a better grip on your bike and improves its handling and performance. For fast riders, the tire features deep offset tread sips.
This brilliant design pattern comes with excellent traction, so you don’t have to worry about it slipping during the rainy weather since these are made for ultimate water dispersion.
The tire also comes with a contact patch. It helps dissolve the weight on the ground, which in turn decreases the wear and tear of the material. They’re endorsed by DOT so that these tires can be used on a racetrack and the street.
- Works on both street and racetracks
- Easy installation
- Too noisy
3. Shinko Dual Sport 705 Series Front Tire (90/90-21TL)
If you’ve been riding a motorcycle for a long time, you must know the importance of replacing the tires after you’ve had them for a while. So, you must choose tires that are durable and don’t have to replace them again and again.
The Shinko dual sport 705 is one of the most affordable and long-lasting front tires in the market. It has a highly versatile tread design, which will allow you to ride it even on wet roads. This tire boasts of a reliable and smooth ride, especially when you’re speeding along the highway.
Moreover, its off-road capacities are boundless. You can ride it in racetracks, dry or sandy roads without any issues. Since it’s uni-directional, if you’re mounting them by yourself, you have to focus on the arrow designed on the sidewall.
The weight load of the front tires are 435 pounds. It’s an ideal weight for touring, and the front tire will last twice as more prolonged than the rear tire. You can quickly achieve 5,000 miles with the front tire.
- The Shinko 705 Series Dual Sport Front Tire is quite affordable
- It comes with quite riding, improved grip, and solid handling
- It has a deep void, which will prove useful when you need to dig through gravel and hard pack dirt
- It is also durable and reliable over the long haul
- The tire comes with a 4-ply nylon construction, which makes it tough
- The tire features a rubber compound, which will provide you with better mileage
- The tire will handle dirt riding better than you’d expect from other dual sport tires
- You get a choice between tubeless and tube-type versions
- You might observe bubbles on the tread when you try riding at high speeds on a highway
- Sometimes, the Shinko 705 Series Dual Sport Front Tire loses lugs and experiences tread separation
- It can be a challenge to ride with this tire over wet mud
4. Shinko Dual Sport 700 Series Front/Rear Tire (4.60-18TT)
The technology applied to tires has continuously been developing over the years. Thanks to the manufacturers, you now have a wide range of tires to choose from. Tires come in different shapes and sizes, and each contains unique and innovative features.
When you’re looking for a dual sport tire, the Shinko 700 series of tires are the most popular one that you will find. The intricate thread pattern of this tire is highly versatile and has a ratio of 60/40 on and off the road. Its strengthened side knobs provide cornering support, which makes it very suitable for streets.
The tires are very adaptable in various kinds of surfaces. On the freeways, they purr along quietly and smoothly, whereas, in off roads, they operate admirably by hustling over rocky, harsh terrain, all the while slicing through the muddy parts with superb precision.
When it comes to durability, it boasts of a heavy-duty 4-ply strong carcass. The tread pattern of this tire has a unique design. It is made of irregularly shaped blocks that are interlocked in a model with large tread blocks through the middle of the tire.
- With the Shinko 700 Series Dual Sport Rear Tire, you get 60 of on-road and 40 on off-road riding
- There’s a tubeless version if that’s what you’d prefer
- The bias ply construction means that the Shinko 700 is quite durable
- Further, this tire is quite affordable
- It boasts an aggressive tread pattern, as well as deep lug construction for better gripping
- The reinforced side knobs are designed for cornering stability, making the Shinko 700 Series Dual Sport Rear Tire best suited for streets
- This tire was designed to handle well and stay quiet even while riding over asphalt
- The heavy duty 4-ply carcass makes the Shinko 700 one of the best dual sport tires in terms of durability
- However, the Shinko 700 Series Dual Sport Rear Tire is only ideal for small adventure bikes and dual sport motorbikes
5. Kenda K760 Trakmaster II Rear Tire – 110/100-18/Blackwall
With the best dual tires for sport like the Kenda K760, you will get a stable and unsurprising hold you need when riding over a wide assortment of surfaces. Similarly, these tires will be sturdy as time goes on, while at the same time providing you with perfect handling.
The Trakmaster II from Kenda is a DOT endorsed 6-ply tire. Moreover, the one is known for its great value and long-lasting durability. It’s quite effortless to mount it on the motorcycle. You can get it on the road as well as off the road with confidence.
It contains aggressive knobs that make it highly adaptable on different kinds of terrains. You will not encounter any situation in which the tires either wear or tear. It is made to withstand all sorts of roads from wet, soft tracks to hard and dry ones.
One thing you’ll notice is how smoothly the front and rear tires seem to roll on the pavement. There is minimal vibration or hopping, especially from the front part of the bike. It comes with a classic design for a very affordable price.
- The Kenda K760 Trakmaster II Rear Tire works perfectly, especially while riding over sand and other rough surfaces
- It is quite durable and will serve you well over the long term
- This tire is also affordable
- You will have an easy time installing the Kenda K760 Trakmaster II
- However, this tire might prove to be too loud when you ride it over the street
6. Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Rear Motorcycle Bias Tire – 460-17 62C
Great tires are not only significant for the certainty of riders, but they guarantee wellbeing too. They should be tough and able to handle adverse conditions and a large number of situations that impact them during the ride.
Similarly, as various dual-sport bikes offer different trade-offs among the dirt and street tracks, the same goes for dual tires like the Kenda K270 Tire.
These tires are DOT endorsed knobbies that have a 50/50 ratio between dirt and street use, whereas other standard tires with their aggressive patterns have a much less ratio of street use.
Even with their aggressive structure, the tires are known to have a great contact patch on the street track. They’re very stable and capable of handling rough, worn tracks. It is made with a unique rubber compound that provides brilliant mileage.
In a rocky track, for instance, that is filled with dust, sand, gravel, these tires will be able to accelerate smoothly over the surface as well as perform cornering, braking with confidence.
For a dual-sport bike, these capable tires with their excellent knobs will provide a great balance between dirt and street.
- With the Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Front Motorcycle Bias Tire comes 40% on road and 60% off-road riding
- It boasts a wide block compound tread pattern
- The Kenda K270 is one of the best dual sport tires in terms of traction and braking
- It comes with high cornering stability
- Further, this bike tire is self-cleaning, which you will find convenient if you are used to riding off-road
- The tire boasts great off-road grip but doesn’t sacrifice wear and tear while street riding
- This tire is quite durable (and will last for around 5,000 miles)
- The Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Front Motorcycle Bias Tire works well for cornering, especially over soft terrain
- The tire is DOT-approved
- It works well with dual-purpose and high-performance motorbikes
- The knob pattern is deep and aggressive
- The rounded profile provides more biting edges
- It boasts low rolling resistance while on the street while the tall knobs work perfectly if you need off-road grip
- The tire comes with strong bead and a reinforced sidewall, making them quite durable
- It has a rubber compound that is ideal for off-road gripping when you don’t want to compromise the wear
- It is ideal for small adventure bikes and dual sport motorbikes
- You will get insane mileage for the little amount you’ll pay for this tire
- It boasts stiff sidewalls, which will it difficult for you to do big air stunts
- The tire will bounce along if you go over certain high speeds
- There are no side lugs, meaning you might have a hard time in case you get stuck
- Unfortunately, mud and sand tend to cling on and around the Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Front Motorcycle Bias Tire
- You should not use these tires to go anywhere over 100mph
7. Continental TKC80 Front Tire (110/80B-19)
With the horde of motorcycle components and parts available today, tire choices and its significance are regularly ignored. In actuality, the selection of tires is presumably one of the essential choices you can make
for your motorcycle and one that really influences your safety and riding knowledge.
The Continental TKC80 tires are a great all-rounder tool for someone who spends a lot of time both on the road and off-road as well. In terms of street and dirt, these tires have a ratio of 40/60 on-road and off-road, respectively.
The TKC80’s tread pattern and rounded design will allow you to cut corners with confidence. The tire has a minor increased vibration, but this promotes a reduction in the cruising speed. As a result, it saves fuel and gives your tires long-lasting durability.
The tires are known to warm up quickly and are also very stable during strong winds. No matter what kind of surface you’re traveling on, be it dry or wet, the tire will be able to handle these conditions with ease. Moreover, the tires have brilliant mileage, and you can use it for about 7,000 miles.
- The Continental TKC 80 Twinduro Dual Sport Rear Tire tends to tip in easily for most riders
- It will increase your levels of confidence, especially with regards to cutting corners
- This tire warms up pretty fast
- It is relatively stable even in wind gusts
- The tire will handle perfectly irrespective of how dry or wet the conditions are
- It squares off easily
- This tire is quite durable, considering you can use it for around 7,000 miles
- The bias ply/belted construction makes this tire quite enviable
- It comes with wide-block and compound tread pattern, which deliver optimal grip both on and off road
- The large spacing in between the knobs make this tire one of the most effective of all the best dual sport tires in terms of self-cleaning properties
- However, the Continental TKC 80 Twinduro Dual Sport Rear Tire tends to wear fast if used aggressively
8. Dunlop D606 Rear Tire (120/90-18)
Whether you ride on or off the road, it’s all about handling the traction. And for this reason, tires are the essential choices to make for a motorcycle. Other than brakes and suspension, tires are vital to a bike’s performance.
Having a durable tire is tremendously essential to increase your confidence, and it also ensures your safety. The tires need to be
competent and stable to handle various forces and treacherous conditions.
The Dunlop D606 is a dual-sport endeavor tire which is known for its durability and stability both on smooth and harsh roads. Its knobby design boasts of its extreme toughness that is guaranteed to last for a long, long time.
In addition, the D606 has a full base tread design, which is ideal for demanding off-road rides. Moreover, the tire contains exceptional traction, so you can ride it on single soft paths to hard compressed fire lanes.
Even after traveling for more than 2,000 miles, the tires will remain as good as new, so you can quickly go on a long trip with your friends or family. Moreover, the tire can withstand up to 5,000 miles.
It tackles harsh weather situations like dust and wet roads with ease. The tire also rides wonderfully over a dusty road with minimum hassle. Another excellent feature of it is that it is available in different sizes so you can use it in your older or upgraded bikes.
- Made of high-quality materials
- Quite affordable
- Able to handle high mileage
- Long durability
- Average performance
9. Michelin Commander II Cruiser Front Motorcycle Bias Tire
Just like cars, motorcycles are also found with mostly different scenarios that are meant for highly diverse riding activities. One of the benefits of having a dual tire is that it can be used both off-road and on road.
If you want your bike to have the perfect dual tires, then the Michelin Commander II tire is for you. They are not only designed for track use but are highly qualified and suitable for a top functional sports bike.
Both the rear and front tires are manufactured with synthetic rubber, which is made from Moto GP technology. This fantastic feature enables the Michelin Commander II to maintain its incredible strength and excellent performance even after years of usage. Therefore, the product guarantees long-lasting durability.
The Commander II also features a stiffer frame, and its amplified density mechanism is known for its firm grip and instant responsiveness. The
rear tire’s top layer is molded with aramid fibers, which make it thoroughly resistant. Moreover, the tire has a lightweight feel for ideal stability, even while speeding.
This tire is ideal on dry and wet roads. You can ride through a dry path to a slippery road without any difficulties. This is due to the flame effect on the tread pattern, and its use of longitudinal rain gouge to channel the water away effectively from the contact area.
- Able to withstand wet and dry roads
- Includes technologies like Moto GP and Amplified Density
- Durable and sturdy
- Very versatile
- Weak performance
10. Pirelli Diablo Rosso III Front & Rear Motorcycle Tire Set
For a bike rider, having a dual tire is a dream come true. A dual tire works not only on the road but off-road as well. With the best dual tires, you can have a reliable and robust grip while riding on different kinds of surfaces.
The Pirelli Diablo Rosso III is a heavyweight tire that is known worldwide for its high-quality materials and long-lasting durability. These tires are specifically designed for those who travel a lot on the public roads. But they can also be run smoothly on racetracks.
Unlike other tires, the Rosso III has taller profiles in both the rear and front tires. This brilliant feature provides a more significant footprint at the highest lean and faster handling while on the road.
Moreover, its pattern contributes to a better grip and handles bumps very quickly. The tread pattern, along with some grooves, helps the tire during wet weather. It also exhibits quick responsiveness while steering, which makes turn-in and transition quite easy.
The overall grip of this motorcycle tire is brilliant, and you won’t have a problem while leaning on the angles. Besides, the rear part demonstrates perfect traction if you want to speed drive over a corner. It takes a few minutes to warm up even during cold conditions.
What is more, its W rating allows you to speed it up to 168mph, which means that these tires are made to handle very high speeds.
- Very durable
- Big footprint
- Excellent handling and grip
- Quite soft
Getting The Best Dual Sport Tires
Trail riding means that you will occasionally fall off your motorbike. As a result, you’ll need to lift your bike easily and get back to your riding. In such a case, the best dual sport tires are those that are lightweight.
That said, dual sport tires are ideal for many situations. They work well for passing through narrow tracks, and over logging trails, among other rough terrains.
If your dual sport motorbike has a large engine, you might want to invest in heavier sport tires. Of course, you should also consider your height and weight to ensure that the tires you choose can accommodate your body.
Still, as you shop for the best dual sport tires, you should remember that all of these tires come with a trade off. This means that what you will gain in off-road traction will be lost in terms of tarmac performance.
Anyway, most manufacturers rate their sport tires for both off-road and road use. If the tires you buy are labeled 50/50, therefore, it means that they will work just as well on roads as well as off-road.
Buying The Best Dual Sport Tires
To this end, the best way to shop for dual sport tires is from the comfort of your own home or work desk. After a couple of clicks, and by reading guides such as this one, you should have a pretty good idea about what you need to buy for your bike.
Since this process might prove to be longer than you anticipated, we have done the research for you. In this guide, you will find 5 of the best dual sport tires for 2019. Each of these tires was handpicked from a much broader list of similar options. We chose them based on durability, affordability, effectiveness, and size.
Benefits Of Choosing The Best Dual Sport Tires
- These tires are relatively affordable, especially in comparison to traditional motorcycle tires
- They will provide you with the superior fuel efficiency you require
- They work perfectly, both off-road and on highways
- They are safe for use by riders who drift from highways to off-road tracks and vice-versa
- You will have a great deal of fun riding on these dual sport tires
One thing to note about these dual sport tires is that they vary in terms of application. This is based on the balanced between off-road and on-road riding. That said, finding the right set will depend on how much of each you do.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) about dual sport motorcycle tires:
Q-1: What are dual sport tires?
Ans: There are some tires that you can use both on-street and off-road. These types of products are known as dual-sport tires. Most of them are street legal and are allowed on roads. You can use them along with your car and also motorcycle.
Nevertheless, some dual-sport tires have an exclusive design, which allows you to use them on rocky terrains and in the dirt.
Q-2: What are the best dual sport tires?
Ans: Our review of the best dual sport tires covers all the top-tier products out there on the market. Each of them offers various features, which is sure to serve your purposes.
However, if you are indeed looking for the best items, then we prefer the Dunlop American Elite Rear Tire and Michelin Commander Cruiser.
Q-3: How to balance dual-sport tires?
Ans: Like other standard tires, dual sport ones also require balancing. However, if you do not use a rim lock, then you will not need to balance your tires. On the contrary, if you run rim locks, then we strongly suggest you adjust your tires first.
You should use the proper tools and equipment to complete this task. Accurately going through the manual can help you a lot. However, if you are inexperienced, then we recommend you take the help of a professional mechanic.
Q-4: Which brand of dual sport tires lasts the longest?
Ans: Well, it depends on some factors. For instance, street sports tires last longer than off-road ones. However, if you use the former on rocky terrains, then it will lose performance in a short time.
Nevertheless, if you want something that lasts for a long time, then purchase Michelin Commander Cruiser as it offers ultra-longevity.
So, there you have it – the best dual sport tires for 2019. Irrespective of the choice you make from the recommendations above, you can be sure that you will be getting a high-quality tire that will serve you well for many years to come.
However, from among all of these, we would recommend the Shinko 705 Series Dual Sport Front Tire – 90/90H-21 TL/Blackwall. It will serve you well, especially if you are looking for something with balanced performance both on- and off-road.
That said, irrespective of the tire you choose, be sure to keep it well maintenance, check and correct the pressure levels, and replace the tubes on a regular basis (if you don’t get the tubeless versions).
If you liked this article, and would like to know more about other products, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below. Until next time, enjoy!