Choosing the best 4 channel amp for your motorbike can prove to be harder than you initially assumed. With such a wide variety of options in the marketplace, knowing the right amp to pick will require that you furnish yourself with every piece of information you can find before you start shopping.
In the guide below, you will find a well-informed take on the 4 channel amps for motorcycles. Read on to learn more:
|Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4-Channel|
|Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel|
|Alpine BBX-F1200 280 Watt ৪-channel|
*Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon
Amplifiers come with many attractive advantages. For instance, if you need to raise the volume, the right amplifier will prove useful. You can also use the best 4 channel amp to improve bass and sound clarity.
In fact, adding an amplifier to your motorcycle is an excellent way to upgrade the sound system without having to change the receiver or the speakers. In fact, the amp will boost the sound from your speakers, making it easier for you to listen to music and other radio broadcasts.
Best 4 Channel Amp Reviews:
Any of the amps we’ve listed below would be a great buy. Your final decision should be informed by the tastes, preferences, and style you consider to be in keeping with your personality. That said, here are 4 channel amps for 2020:
1. Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier
Ideally sized for most motorcycles, the Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier is perfect if you are looking for something to power up the sound on your bike.
With 50 watts RMS (per channel), you can count on this amp whenever you need to hear everything – even above the noise of your motorcycle, traffic, and the road whenever you are traveling.
As a little powerhouse, the Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier will also fit well on most bikes – even inside the storage compartment. As such, you can start looking forward to some fantastic music and broadcasts whenever the need arises.
- It boasts Speaker Level Input
- It comes with signal sensing turn-on mechanism
- It has a manufacturer’s warranty of 1 year
- It is CEA-2006 Compliant
- It is small and light
- The conformal-coated circuit board makes it ideal for racing
- The Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier produces incredible power
- This amplifier comes with 2 Ohms Load Capability
- However, you will have to buy your own hardware and wiring, since these are not included with the Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier
2. Alpine KTP-445U 4-channel Power Pack Amplifier
The Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack Amplifier is the best 4 channel amp if you are looking for the simplest way to crank the power up from your receiver. With this fine little amplifier, you can increase the power output from your receiver up to 45 watts RMS.
Further, this amp produces plenty of power – certainly enough to drive your high-performance speakers as well as keep up with the biggest subwoofer amplifier.
Additionally, this compact amp is so efficient that you can run it from the same circuitry that you use to power your receiver. This means that you can save on power without necessarily having to make drastic alterations to your motorcycle’s sound system.
- The Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack Amplifier is quite small
- It produces great sound and power
- It works well for both aftermarket and factory receivers
- The Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack Amplifier comes with a universal plug that you can use to send signal from speaker-level wiring and RCA outputs
- It is CEA-2006 compliant
- This amp comes with inbuilt high-pass crossover
- There’s a selectable gain switch, as well as switchable 2 and 4 channel operation
- Installing the Alpine KTP-445U Universal Power Pack Amplifier can prove to be problematic due to the numerous bulky wires
3. Alpine BBX-F1200 280 Watt 4-Channel Amplifier
Ranked among the best 4 channel amps in the marketplace, the Alpine MRV-F300 4-Channel Car Amplifier, 50 Watts RMS x 4 is still in a class of its own. With it, you can send up to 50 watts to all the speakers in your motorbike.
Similarly, you can switch this amplifier from the 3-channel to the 2-channel mode depending on what you need. Further, this amp also has high-level speaker inputs as well as flush-mount controls. This means that you will have an easy time installing it.
- The Alpine MRV-F300 4-Channel Car Amplifier, 50 Watts RMS x 4 comes with a powerful inbuilt thermal management system
- You can automatically monitor its temperature, thereby ensuring that it performs well and remains reliable
- The Alpine MRV-F300 4-Channel Car Amplifier, 50 Watts RMS x 4 is small enough to fit on most motorcycles
- It is relatively easy to install
- The setup for the speakers is simple, especially while riding
- It comes with variable low- and high-pass filters
- You can select the bass boost on channels 3 to 4
- However, it is quite pricey
4. Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 400 Watt 4 Channel
Another one of the best 4 channel amps available on the marketplace, the Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 400 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier is making inroads for riders. Perfectly engineered, this amplifier is a great investment if you are looking for something solid and with a noteworthy power output.
Further, the Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 400 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier was designed to produce enough power even for aftermarket speakers. You can also switch it to 2 channel mode and drive the subs with close to 50 watts RMS.
- It boasts the CLEAN technology from Rockford Fosgate, for clean and powerful sounds
- The Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 400 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier is quite reliable over the long haul
- It makes a world of difference in terms of quality and sound
- However, the Rockford Fosgate P400X4 Punch 400 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier is quite pricey
5. Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel
The output will also remain incredibly clean, even if your speakers are of a relatively low quality. This cleanliness will still prove consistent even after you’ve pushed the speakers to the maximum volume.
- It will deliver more than adequate power in most situations
- The build quality of the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier is quite impressive
- You can bridge it fully
- There are three stages of protection; short circuits, over-current, and thermal
- However, the Rockford Fosgate R500X1D Prime 1-Channel Class D Amplifier is quite expensive
Different Types Of 4 Channel Amps
Several brands produce 4 channel amplifiers for motorcycles. However, the better-known brands have made a name for themselves from the top power you can expect from their products. To get your hands on these, you would have to pay a little bit more – although the extra cost is worth every penny.
Most of the best 4 channel amps you will come across are so small that they should fit perfectly on your motorbike. However, a couple of brands produce relatively large amps. As such, you might want to check that the option you have your eyes on will fit perfectly on your motorcycle.
The watts your amplifier produces will determine the volume you will get. To this end, you need to consider the wattage of the speakers on your bike, as well as the subwoofer, so that you can choose the right amp.
Benefits Of Getting An Amp
1. Enhanced Sound Quality
Adding an amplifier to your motorcycle means that you will get to enjoy crisp, clean sound at every volume level. In fact, your external amp will take the clear pre-amp signals from your bike’s stereo and amplify it to the right RMS levels your speakers need without distorting the signal.
2. Power Aftermarket Speakers
If you choose to upgrade the factory system that your bike came with, one option would be to invest in high-quality speakers. However, this decision might disappoint you especially when you discover that the new speakers haven’t done much to change the quality of the signal from your stereo.
The best solution, therefore, would be to buy the right 4 channel amp. By so doing, you will get the right RMS – which will perfect the sound quality even after you’ve decided to raise the volume.
3. Amplified Subwoofer
Even if you buy a small subwoofer, you still need to get the best 4 channel amp if the factory stereo that is attached to your bike is to sound any good. The most potent of these amplifiers will produce better sound especially if you choose to bridge them to power the subwoofer.
Choosing The Right 4 Channel Amplifier
While shopping for the other audio components for your bike, you should think about the price. Of course, you certainly don’t want to invest a lot on a 4 channel amp for speakers that are only going to give out horrifying sounds.
Needless to say, you might also think about going for something that is a bit on the higher end of the spectrum in terms of pricing as you shop for the best 4 channel amp. In fact, this is one of those add-ons where the price is directly related to the quality of output.
However, we would advise that you balance quality with the price you are willing to pay. Otherwise, there’s no point wasting your money on a product you apparently can’t afford.
b) Peak Power
Peak power, where the best 4 channel amp is concerned, refers to the maximum power output that you can run on an amplifier. For instance, if the amp you wish to buy comes with a peak power of 400 watts, you shouldn’t hook components with a total of 600 watts to it – you will only damage the system.
Our advice: buy a 4 channel amplifier that comes with enough fuel to power all your components.
Like with any other electronic device, even the best 4 channel amp is bound to fail at one point or the other. However, you certainly don’t want to buy an amplifier only for it to stop working after a couple of days or weeks.
To protect yourself from this eventuality, only buy 4 channel amps that come with a warranty from the manufacturer. Lucky for you, most of the best 4 channel amps – certainly all of the ones we’ve added to this guide – carry manufacturer’s warranty.
As we mentioned above, you should not buy an amplifier until you are sure that it won’t take up too much space on your motorbike. While shopping for a 4 channel amp, therefore, check the size to make sure that it is the right fit for your bike.
Overall, finding the best 4 channel amp should not be hard – especially now that we have supplied you with our top 5 recommendations. Irrespective of the choice you make from the suggestions above, you can be sure that you will get the quality output you are looking for.
Our best bet, however, would be the Kenwood KAC-M3004 Compact 4 Channel Digital Amplifier. Durable, stable, reliable, and complete with manufacturer’s warranty, this product comes from an established brand in the sound market. Therefore, you can never go wrong with it.
If you liked this guide, please share it with your friends. You can also leave a comment below with your thoughts, questions, and suggestions and we’ll get right back to you shortly.