The Ultimate Guide To The Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
If you're searching for the best motorcycle helmet speakers, then you might already have discovered that the market is full of numerous options. So you can choose well, this guide contains a detailed overview of motorcycle helmet speakers - including how to pick the right one. Scroll below to learn more:
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon
Choosing The Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
Before you invest your money in a bid to get the best motorcycle helmet speakers, there are some things you first need to consider. With regards to basic requirements and compatibility issues, think about the following:
1. How The Speakers Feel
Start by checking how the speakers will feel on your ears. Some speakers are designed to ensure that they slide right into the ear pads on your helmet. However, some helmets won't take these types of speakers.
Therefore, you first need to understand the type of helmet you have before shopping for motorcycle helmet speakers. This understanding will enable you to uncover the best speaker model and design according to your helmet.
2. Riding Gloves
Second, you should ask yourself whether you like wearing riding gloves when you are out on the road with your bike. This is because some motorcycle helmet speakers have volume control and other buttons.
Although you can easily manipulate some these controls and buttons with your gloved hands, others will be difficult to access. Therefore, if you like your gloves, then you might want to consider investing in voice-controlled wireless speakers for your motorbike.
3. Microphone Or No?
Next up, consider whether you'll need to get speakers that come with a microphone. These types of speakers are ideal if you would like something that can be operated hands-free.
One of the features, therefore, to look for in the best motorcycle helmet speakers is whether they will allow you to receive and make calls, as well as operate GPS device and play music without removing the helmet.
Features To Look For In Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
Which motorcycle helmet speakers should you choose? How will you know the features to look out for as you go about shopping for the perfect speakers? Well, the answers to these questions are quite cliché.
All you have to do is understand your needs to be able to find a set of speakers that best fit you. That said, there are some features that you might want to consider where the best motorcycle helmet speakers are concerned. These include:
a) Headset Form
One of the main things to consider is the form of the headset. Most headsets come in two forms: freestanding and attached. Whereas the attached variety is embedded into a helmet, the freestanding types are not.
However, this is not to say that all headsets fall into these broad categories. You can get specialized freestanding motorcycle speakers that are ideal in those instances where other types of speakers are not comfortable for wearing together with a helmet.
Similarly, attached speakers cannot be used outside a helmet. These types of speakers usually come in the form of headphones for wearing in your ear. As such, they will be embedded right into the position where your ears go. After that, the speakers are connected to a media device either through Bluetooth or via a cable.
b) Bluetooth vs. Wired Speakers
This brings us to the dissection between Bluetooth and wired motorcycle helmet speakers. The wired variety only works when it is directly connected to your device (smartphone, tablet, iPod, and so on) whereas a wireless speaker doesn't need wires because it connects to devices automatically via Bluetooth.
Still, some Bluetooth motorcycle helmet speakers also have wires - which will come in handy in case your Bluetooth connection fails. That said, since Bluetooth isn't the most reliable connection around, you might want to consider investing in a wired headset.
Overall, however, your personal preference will determine whether you will get Bluetooth or wired motorcycle helmet speakers. For instance, some riders prefer the Bluetooth variety simply because they have fewer cables to deal with when out on the road.
Another of the factors you might want to consider, size is important where bike helmet speakers are concerned. More particularly, you should check the thickness and diameter of the speaker.
If you get speakers that are too thick, they might not end up fitting inside your bike helmet correctly. The result of this is that the speakers might press against your ears - making for an uncomfortable riding experience. Similarly, these types of speakers might not even go into your helmet or ensure that you get the structural integrity required while riding a motorcycle.
To this end, bigger does not necessarily mean better where motorbike speakers are concerned. Similarly, the smallest option might also prove to be impractical. What you need to do, therefore, is to get the perfectly sized speakers for your bike helmet.
d) Sound Quality
Another feature you should think about while shopping for the best motorcycle helmet speakers is the quality of sound they produce. While every company which manufactures riding speakers claims that their speakers are of the best quality, this is not necessarily true.
The solution is to check the quality of the sound on your own. If possible, do test runs on each speaker you consider. Where this is not practical, read user reviews posted online to see what people are saying about the sound quality of the speakers you are thinking about buying.
Similarly, it is important that you consider the price of the motorcycle helmet speakers you wish to invest in. Since you will probably be spending a good amount for the speakers, it is imperative that you ensure the price meets your budget and other requirements.
That said built-in bike speakers tend to be the most expensive. This is because you will, in effect, be buying both the speakers and a new helmet. To this end, you might want to ensure that you don't spend money your bank account cannot afford.
It goes without saying that the best motorcycle helmet speakers are, at the same time, the most comfortable. When you wear your helmet with the speakers, nothing should obstruct you in one way or the other.
Since you will be riding a bike, it follows that an uncomfortable set of speakers will distract you from the road. This will, invariably, put your life in danger. Consequently, to ensure that you don't go down this path, take good care so that the speakers you buy feel comfortable.
Last but not least, your personal safety comes first. None of the fancy gimmicks most retailers and manufacturers use to market their speakers should take up the place of your safety.
To this end, you should only consider investing in those motorcycle speakers that comply with every safety standard accepted as a norm in the industry. In writing this guide, we took good care to only include the safest, most compliant speakers on the market.
As you go through the recommendations below, you can rest assured that none of them will mess up with your safety.
The Best Motorcycle Helmet Speakers
After testing a couple of motorcycle helmet speakers on the market, we would recommend that you make your choice from any of the following five:
1. Sena 20S-01D Motorcycle Bluetooth 4.1 Communication System with HD Audio and Advanced Noise Control (Dual)
- The Sena 20S-01D Bluetooth 4.1 Communication System comes with advanced Bluetooth 4.0 with a range of 1.5 miles
- It features inbuilt FM radio to allow you to listen to your favorite hits on the radio
- It comes with Bluetooth-enabled GPS use and hands-free calling
- The speakers boast clear HD sound quality, which is accentuated by the wind noise cancellation technology built into the set
- It allows users to seamlessly switch communication from one application to another: phone, intercom, music, and GPS
- These speakers are water resistant
- You should be able to upgrade the firmware over the internet
- For all these handy features, the Sena 20S-01D Bluetooth 4.1 Communication System is quite pricey
2. Motorcycle Communication Headset Helmet Bluetooth Dual Intercom Full Clip Speaker Headphone 6 Riders 500m Talk for Skiing, Camping, Hiking, Scooter, Gokart, 4 Wheeler, ATV WEIKAN (1 Pack)
- Innovative and proprietary, the Motorcycle Communication Headset Helmet is ideal for open-faced, modular, and full-faced helmets
- It comes with noise cancellation technology
- The set boasts precise wireless connectivity
- It has a boom-less microphone built right into the speakers
- There is no heavy wiring hanging out of the set
- The Motorcycle Communication Headset Helmet is quite thick on account of the inbuilt mic
- The Sena SMH10D-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset employs Bluetooth 3.0
- It pairs well with a maximum of 4 other headsets
- You can use it for music playback, helmet-on calling, intercom conferencing, and GPS-device pairing
- It comes with multiple adjustable volume profiles
- The battery life is quite recommendable (with a maximum talk-time of 12 hrs when fully charged)
- The wireless intercom range is excellent (set at a maximum of 900 meters)
- The set provides clean and reliable sound quality both from the microphone and the speakers
- The Sena SMH10D-10 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset is quite pricey
4. Sena SMH5-02 Low-Profile Motorcycle and Scooter Bluetooth Headset / Intercom for Full-Face Helmets (Single)
- The Sena SMH5-02 Low-Profile Bluetooth Headset is quite small, meaning they fit snugly
- The sound quality is incredible
- The set connects well to GPS, phone, and music players via Bluetooth
- They can also be used hands-free through voice commands, which is effective for setting the GPS and adjusting the volume
- The set has inbuilt headphones which can enable intercom with up to 4 other riders
- It comes with an audio booster, which will make it easier for the rider to listen to music on the go
- Like with other Sena models, the Sena SMH5-02 Low-Profile Bluetooth Headset is quite expensive
5. Sena SMH5-FM-01 Motorcycle and Scooter Bluetooth Headset / Intercom with Built-in FM Tuner (Single)
- The Sena SMHS-FM-01 Bluetooth Headset is completely hands-free
- It comes with a separate charging port, and you can charge it via the standard US port used on most smartphones
- It can be used even while being charged
- It doesn't come with its a charger (you just get a charging cable and USB data cable)
- It is also quite pricey
So, there you have it - the ultimate guide to the best motorcycle helmet speakers on the market today. The recommendations above rank among the top speakers. As such, you will get perfect performance irrespective of the choice you end up making.
In our view, however, the Sena SMH5-FM-01 Motorcycle and Scooter Bluetooth Headset / Intercom with Built-in FM Tuner (Single) ranks among the best in the list. Apart from the numerous features it boasts, this speaker is also quite versatile when you think about what you will be able to accomplish with it.
In conclusion, whichever of the above headsets you end up picking should serve you well. As long as you learn how to use the set correctly and continue riding safely and responsibly, they will help you enjoy your ride every single time you hit the road.
If you liked this article, and would like to know more about other products, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below. Until next time, enjoy!