Ultimate Guide To The Best Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Reviews
Although you might be the greatest motorcycle enthusiast, you won’t always be on your bike. At times, you have to look for something to carry it – such as tagging your little speedster at the back of your car.
In such situations, some people may prefer getting a hauler. However, you will soon discover that the hitch carriers work better. To help you choose the right one, consider the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews in this guide:
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon
Ultimate Guide To The Best Motorcycle Hitch Carrier ReviewsWhy We Should Learn About The Best Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Reviews1. Hitch Mount2. Body Material3. Assembly4. Weight Limit5. Pricing6. Multiple Bike CapacityThe Best Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Reviews1. TMS T-NS-MRC001 500-Pound Heavy Duty Motorcycle Dirt Bike Scooter Carrier Hitch Rack Hauler Trailer with Loading Ramp and Anti-Tilt Locking Device2. Black Widow MCC-500 Steel Motorcycle Carrier3. Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Sport Bike Hitch Carrier Hauler Rack with Loading Ramp Heavy Duty4. Direct Aftermarket Steel Motorcycle Scooter Dirt Bike Rack Carrier Hauler Hitch Mount Rack Ramp Anti Tilt Anti Wobble5. Black Widow AMC-400 Hitch Mounted Sport Bike/Motorcycle CarrierThe Winner
Why We Should Learn About The Best Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Reviews
If you don’t want to bother with getting a trailer or truck to haul your bikes, then you are in luck. With the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews, you should be able to find something more affordable and easier to handle.
Not surprisingly, there are so many different versions and styles than choosing the right one might be something of a bother. However, with a little bit of research – such as by reading these reviews – you should be able to find one that perfectly matches your requirements.
As you shop around, you will discover that there are two and one place motorcycle hitch carriers, aluminum and steel, shaking and breaking, among others. The main aspects to look out for, however, should be cost, weight, ease of use, quality of build, the material used, and single or double.
Therefore, as you read the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews, you should familiarize yourself with the different metrics shoppers use to judge different products. You will soon realize that although most hitch carriers may resemble each other, they are quite different. Consider the following:
1. Hitch Mount
Your focus should be on the most durable carrier you can find. In this case, the answer would be the hitch mounted carrier. With this product, you need to attach the hitch mount at the back of your car.Luckily, motorcycle hitch carriers come in a variety of weight ratings and sizes. Therefore, you may want to check your vehicle’s manual to uncover its hitch class. From there, you will be better placed to make an informed decision about the kind of carrier to buy. As you do so, remember that hitch mounts tend to be exceedingly sturdy, reliable, and easy to use.
2. Body Material
In the same way, as you read the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews, you should check the material used to make the body. Like with almost any motorcycle product out there, there are different material types and grades – with varying pros and cons.However, the most common include steel and aluminum bodies. Each type comes with its own positives. For instance, aluminum motorcycle hitch carriers are easy to install and light in weight. Steel carriers, on the other hand, tend to be durable and quite reliable for transporting even the heaviest of motorbikes.
Majority of motorcycle hitch carriers require assembly. Luckily, they are quite easy to assemble. To be specific, most of these carriers have loading ramps on which you should load your bike on the carrier.
Further, the ramp will have a welded attaching lip (with a hook), which allows for the easy and fast loading of bikes. This lightweight aluminum ramp, on the other hand, should mount on the main carrier, meaning that you won’t need to look for space on your car to carry the bike.
4. Weight Limit
While going through the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews, only check those carriers that can handle your bike’s weight. There are so many carriers out there so you need to ensure that their weight rating matches your motorcycle.
With motorcycle hitch carriers, as with any other motorbike product, you tend to get what you paid for. Consequently, higher priced carriers are of a higher quality and tend to come with better features.
This means that if you buy a $60 carrier, it is highly likely that your bike will dangle out when you hit the road. Therefore, you may want to part with more money if you are shopping for the best quality there is in the marketplace.
6. Multiple Bike Capacity
Last but not least, if you wish to travel with more than one bike – or if the potential for this scenario exists in the near future – you may want to get motorcycle hitch carriers that allow for 2 bikes.
Of course, this means that you can also choose a carrier with a single bike capacity if you don’t see yourself needing more than one space. Still, hitch carriers with multiple bike capacity may be worth the extra money you pay – after all, you never know if you may need to haul a friend’s bike.
The Best Motorcycle Hitch Carrier Reviews
Now that you have a more refined idea of what to look for, let’s jump right into the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews:
1. TMS T-NS-MRC001 500-Pound Heavy Duty Motorcycle Dirt Bike Scooter Carrier Hitch Rack Hauler Trailer with Loading Ramp and Anti-Tilt Locking Device
At 500 pounds, the TMS T-NS-MRC001 Heavy Duty Motorcycle Carrier might be the perfect product if you are looking for a heavy duty multipurpose carrier. You will be pleased to note that it boasts an anti-locking device as well as the all-crucial loading ramp.
Additionally, this might be the most affordable option in the market – which is saying something considering that it is 100% steel. As mentioned earlier, this carrier comes with the capacity to handle a maximum of 500 lbs. and will keep your bike safe and in the upright position due to its anti-tilt technology.
Further, you can load bikes from either side (of the ramp), as well as fix your carrier on any 2-inch receiver. As such, the TMS T-NS-MRC001 Heavy Duty Motorcycle Carrier is mostly no-frills but will get the job done easily and effectively.
- checkIt has a load capacity of 500 lbs
- checkIt fits on all 2-inch Class V, IV, III, and II receivers
- checkIt can load from both sides of your ramp
- checkIt is relatively affordable
- exclamation-triangleHowever, the ramp holes on this carrier might not always align properly with the housing unit
- exclamation-triangleSimilarly, the TMS T-NS-MRC001 Heavy Duty Motorcycle Carrier has a relatively short ramp
Made of durable steel, the Black Widow MCC-500 Motorcycle Carrier is second on the list of the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews. It is quite flexible in the sense that you can install it on Class IV and III 2 inch trailer hitches. This means that hauling your motorbike will now be an easy and safe process.
Further, this carrier was designed to specifically haul off-road and motocross dirt bikes with a maximum of 5 inch wide tires. However, it is still an economical choice if you are simply looking for something that will get the job done.
While using it, you should connect the carrier to your trailer hitch. This will eliminate the need for you to buy a full sized trailer (which works out perfectly if you only have one bike).
Additionally, the Black Widow MCC-500 Motorcycle Carrier comes with the all-important integrated anti-locking unit that you will need to stabilize it to a hitch receiver. An added bonus is that the manufacturer has provided warranty for one year.
When you don’t need to use it, all you need to do is to store the loading ramp onto the carrier. Interestingly, you can also install the ramp on either side of your carrier – which means that the attached bike will face forward for easier loading and unloading.
- checkIt boasts a maximum capacity of 500 lbs
- checkIt is compatible with 2-inch (class III and IV) trailer hitch receivers
- checkIt is quite easy to install and assemble
- checkThe Black Widow MCC-500 Motorcycle Carrier allows for the safe transportation and hauling of off-road bikes
- checkThe heavy duty steel construction (with a black finish) improves on its aesthetic value
- checkThis carrier comes with an integrated loading ramp as well as an anti-tilt device for stabilizing the hitch
- checkYou can easily store the loading ramp when you are not using the carrier
- checkYou can install the ramp on either side of the Black Widow MCC-500 Motorcycle Carrier for easier bike loading and unloading
However, this carrier is not recommended for use with such tow-behind trailers as camping and 5th wheel trailers
You should never use the Black Widow MCC-500 Motorcycle Carrier with hitch adapters and extensions
If you are looking for a hitch-mounted hauler with an accompanying loading ramp to carry your sports bike or motorcycle with you, then you may want to consider the Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Hitch Carrier.
This carrier is specifically designed for flexibility and can worth with off-road dirt bikes, Enduro bikes, and sports bikes. Since it has a total capacity of 600 lbs, you can be sure that it is a slight cut above the rest of the options in this list of the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews.
To use it, all you have to do is roll your bike up the ramps and secure it to the carrier rails with the accompanying straps. There’s a 79 inch long rail with a raised and adjustable wheel stop on it for added stability.
Additionally, you may like the fact that the loading ramp will store right on the Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Hitch Carrier as well as the 2-quick release lock for securing the ramp.
- checkThis Goplus carrier boasts a maximum capacity support of 600 lbs
- checkThe finish is black powder coated, making this carrier one of the better looking and durable options available
- checkIt is quite stable and solid
- checkThe ramp length is well suited for easy loading and unloading
- checkThe Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Hitch Carrier is of a high quality on account of its heavy duty construction
- checkThe raised adjustable wheel stop will keep your bike from rolling forward during transportation/hauling
For all these features, you may have to pay a bit more to get the Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Hitch Carrier
Since it is heavy duty, you may need some help carrying this carrier
4. Direct Aftermarket Steel Motorcycle Scooter Dirt Bike Rack Carrier Hauler Hitch Mount Rack Ramp Anti Tilt Anti Wobble
The Direct Aftermarket Carrier is a premium product for riders looking to conveniently improve the hauling capacity of their vehicles. With it, you can easily haul and transport different two-wheelers – including sports bikes, street bikes, dirt bikes, and scooters, among others.
Further, it boasts high quality construction on account of the epoxy powder-coated tubular steel make, which is also weather resistant. Duty to this heavy duty construction, you have a capacity of 500 pounds to work with.
Additionally, the Direct Aftermarket Carrier comes with a loading ramp that you carry on the hitch. This ramp is designed for easy bike loading from either side while the rack is large enough for most motorcycles.
However, this carrier from Direct Aftermarket is only compatible with Classes III and IV trailer hitches and only attaches to 2-inch square holes. You will also have to buy a hitch pin since this isn’t included.
- checkThe Direct Aftermarket Carrier fits with most aftermarket and OEM factory installed crossbars
- checkIt has a rubberized base and foam cushion arms for additional grip and to protect your bike
- checkIt is versatile and works with bikes, snowboards, surfboards, paddleboards, skis, canoes, among other outdoor gear
- checkThis carrier boasts an anti-locking device to prevent wobbling
- checkIt comes with an attached loading ramp
- checkThe carrier is quite easy to assemble
- checkIt works surprisingly well given its relatively low price
However, the paint may easily rub on metal
You need to be careful with aggressive braking, accelerating, and turning
The ramp is quit short
One of the fastest selling carriers, the Black Widow AMC-400 Motorcycle Carrier also ranks among others in the list of the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews. It boasts aircraft-grade aluminum – making it easy to handle, lightweight, and quite durable. Consider the following pros and cons:
- checkIt is easy to assemble
- checkThe Black Widow AMC-400 Motorcycle Carrier is easy to use
- checkIt is quite lightweight
- checkIt boasts rust-proof aluminum construction
- checkThe carrier comes with a sturdy loading ramp (also made of aluminum)
- checkThe loading ramp has a welded 2/3 inch hook
- checkIt assembles in seconds
However, the Black Widow AMC-400 Motorcycle Carrier is quite pricey
So, there you have it – the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews. With any these options, you should have an easy time moving your bike from one point or the other – such as when you have to relocate.
However, we would recommend that you get the Goplus 600 LBS Motorcycle Sport Bike Hitch Carrier Hauler Rack with Loading Ramp Heavy Duty. Although it is slightly higher priced than the others in this guide, you stand to gain more by paying extra.
If you have any questions, additions, or suggestions, please leave a comment below. You can also share this guide so that others can learn from the best motorcycle hitch carrier reviews.