Ultimate Guide To The Top 5 Best Motorcycle GPS Reviews
With a motorcycle GPS navigation system, your travels will not only be boosted, they will also be more convenient. As you look for a GPS gadget for your motorbike, you need to read several best motorcycle GPS reviews. This way, you will understand these systems better and be able to choose the one that best matches your needs.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon
Guide To Picking A Motorcycle GPS System
With a great GPS gadget, your trips will be a lot more fun than they were before. The high- quality product you buy might end up providing you with a leeway to tons of adventures and amazing journeys. In the same way, GPS systems have enabled people to open themselves up to new experiences simply because they are designed to help you find locations that would otherwise be difficult to reach.
New landscapes, destinations, and road trips will now be possible because you will be confident that you will never get lost ever again - as long as your GPS gadget is in good working conditions.
With one of these devices, you will know where you are and where you intend to go. You can even use them to track every place you've ever been. As you will learn from the best motorcycle GPS reviews, most of the units also come with communication and entertainment features, which will allow you to chat with your friends and listen to music even when you are on the road.
However, picking the right one might prove a bit difficult - especially if you don’t know what to look for. In this review, you will learn more about GPS devices, how to pick the right one, and so on. Hopefully, you might glean some information that will help you make the right choice.
Questions To Ask When Looking For A Motorcycle GPS
1. Will The GPS Unit Fit My Bike?
Most of the GPS units available in the market are designed with universal kits. This means that they will easily fit into any bike. Still, you need to ensure that the specific model you intend to buy will actually work well with your bike.
You might also want to check that it can easily be attached and detached easily, especially if you intend to move it around - such as if you have different bikes but only want to invest in one system.
2. What Are The Types Of Maps I Need?
A GPS unit might use proprietary maps. Others are designed to allow the loading of 3rd party map data. As such, you should figure out the map types you are going to need, and how you would like the GPS system to display them.
For instance, it is now possible to get a motorcycle GPS that displays 3D buildings. These types are great for understanding the environment you are in and how it relates to your map.
3. Am I Willing To Subscribe For Maps?
A number of GPS companies charge fees whenever the user wants to update their map. Others, on the other hand, will not charge you anything for download updates.
4. What Other Devices Are On My Bike?
Several GPS units are designed to communicate with other devices via Bluetooth. Therefore, if you intend to use a different MP3 player, cell phone, headset, or any other gadget, ensure that they can be connected to the GPS system you wish to buy. By so doing, you will get to enjoy the linked functionality of all your devices when you are on the road.
Add-Ons And Features To Look For In A Motorcycle GPS Unit
The best motorcycle GPS reviews list a number of features that every GPS system you buy should have. Some of the more prominent of these features are must-haves. They include:
a) Weather Resistance
You should look for a GPS system that won’t short out when exposed to water - such as when you are on the road and it starts raining. Similarly, you might want to get a unit that is going to resist UV rays and dust.
b) Screen Quality And Dimensions
Where possible, ensure that your GPS unit has a display that makes it easy for you to see. For instance, the screen shouldn’t have glare. Rather, it should be clear even on bright days and moonless nights.
Getting a GPS unit with Bluetooth integration will allow you to link your other devices, make phone calls without removing your helmet and gloves, and receive verbal instructions through your headset from the GPS system.
d) Route Planning Capabilities
The best GPS system for motorcycles will allow you to know where you are while also helping you plan out your journey. Therefore, you need to invest in a unit that comes with route planning capabilities.
Below is a video giving you reference for installing a GPS on a motorcycle
Top 5 Motorcycle GPS Units For 2017
Now that you know the questions to ask and what to look for when shopping for a GPS unit, you can now proceed to read one of the best motorcycle GPS reviews in the following:
1. Garmin Nuvi 57LM GPS Navigator System with Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Lifetime Map Updates, Direct Access, and Speed Limit Displays
The Garmin Nuvi 57LM GPS Navigator System comes with the following benefits:
- Easy-to-use navigator
- Provides Garmin Real Directions
- The Direct Access system simplifies navigation
- It has free detailed maps and periodic upgrades
- It is Foursquare-enabled, which adds tons of points of interests to the system
- Provides school zone warnings
- It comes with easy device management
- Battery life could be improved; however, this isn't too big a problem since the system can be charged on the go
2. Garmin Nuvi 2539LMT GPS Navigator with Spoken Turn-By-Turn Directions, Lifetime Map Updates, Speed Limit Display, Traffic Updates, and Lane Guidance
With the Garmin Nuvi 2539LMT GPS Navigator, you get the following benefits:
- It comes with a crystal clear 5-inch touch screen display
- The interface menu is easy to useIt features a dual operational screen
- It comes with 2 hours of battery life
- Buyer receives free map updates over the lifetime of the product
- It supplies free traffic alerts over the product’s lifetime
- It provides Garmin Real Directions, similar to a friend providing a guide using traffic lights and major landmarks
- It is Foursquare-enabled, making it easier to find popular and new shops, restaurants, and more
- There have been reports that the Garmin Nuvi 2539LMT GPS Navigator has a weak mount
- It doesn’t come with Bluetooth operation
- It lacks voice control
Recommended in most of the best motorcycle GPS reviews, the Garmin Nuvi 2589LMT delivers the following:
- It has a slim line design
- The screen mount is pretty convenient
- It comes with Foursquare-integration
- It has an active voice recognition system
- It is designed for practicality and safety-consciousness
- The user gets free traffic avoidance advice and map upgrades over the product’s lifetime
- The touch screen is highly responsive
- At times, the voice recognition system does not work as expected
- It has a reflective screen, which can be something of a pain when riding in bright and/or sunny conditions
- The screen resolution is a bit lower than similar products
As with any of the other products featured in the best motorcycle GPS reviews, the Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT7-Inch is a good recommendation. It boasts such features as:
- It provides traffic and map updates over the product’s lifetime
- It comes with a capacitive display, similar to the screen on a smartphone
- It will integrate seamlessly with a smartphone through its dedicated smartphone link application and Bluetooth-enabled functionality
- It is possible to save favorite addresses and locations through the Garmin Nuvi 2789LMT 7-Inch mobile app
- Data can be transferred from the app and the GPS unit with a single finger tap
- It performs well, especially in terms of accuracy
- It easily connects to other GPS satellites in a matter of minutes
- Its positioning capabilities are perfect, even in the most complex of traffic situations
- This motorcycle GPS unit displays all maps logically and accurately
- The menus are sometimes bloated on account of the many different settings and features it boasts
- The traffic feature isn't always available, especially if you get the 7-inch model
Among the many interesting features of the Garmin Nuvi 2757LM 7-Inch GPS system include:
- It comes with a surprisingly natural-sounding voice that will guide you using traffic lights, buildings, and major landmarks
- It comes with a touch screen interface that is relatively easy to use
- It boasts a 7-inch color display, complete with gorgeous graphics
- Its Bird’s Eye junction and Photo Real views provide highly detailed images of exits and intersections, further boosting the rider’s safety on the road
- It has an Up Ahead feature that displays hospitals, gas stations, restaurants, and any other major service location on the map
- The Garmin Nuvi 2757LM 7-Inch GPS system has a suction cup mount
- The manufacturer provides map updates free of charge over the product’s lifetime
- It comes with comprehensive riding guidance that you can hear and see
- The display shows speed limits, your current speed, and the nearest-accurate time of arrival
- Some users have complained that the unit tends to lock up even after repeated refreshing; however, you can easily correct this problem by downloading the right firmware from Garmin
- Others have complained that it is difficult to download maps and/or navigate through the system; the only way to correct this flaw is by getting a bit familiar with the Garmin navigation system
From all of the features, pros, and cons of the products described above, the clear winner is the Garmin nüvi 2757LM 7-Inch Portable Vehicle GPS with Lifetime Maps. The sound design, easy navigation, and ability to show the user’s location almost to a tee, it isn't difficult to see why so many people prefer to get this particular model.
That said, all of the above models are great in their own unique way. This is one of the reasons why they are almost always featured in most of the best motorcycle GPS reviews available online. Irrespective of the GPS system you choose, therefore, you will be good to go as long as it falls within the range above. Take your pick today and enjoy seamless riding experiences on your bike
If you liked this article, and would like to know more about other products, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below. Until next time, enjoy!