Reviews Of The Best Dual Sport Tires 2017
With the best dual sport tires, you will get the reliable and predictable grip you need while riding over a wide variety of surfaces. In the same way, these tires will be durable over the long haul, while simultaneously providing you with ideal handling. This will be irrespective of the terrain or the bike you are on.
So, which are these dual sport tires? Read on to find out:
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon
Choosing the best dual sport tires is easier to do once you can predict the kind of terrain where you will be doing most of your riding. Although you might be a skilled rider and able to use any kind of tire, you will still need to be careful about the tires on your motorbike.
Getting The Best Dual Sport Tires
Since dual sport tires come in various heights and sizes, as well as durability, you will need a guide to help find the right one. If you mostly ride on rough terrain, therefore, you need light dual sport tires more than someone who is usually on a street or a smooth road.
Trail riding means that you will occasionally fall off your motorbike. As a result, you'll need to lift your bike easily and get back to your riding. In such a case, the best dual sport tires are those that are lightweight.
That said, dual sport tires are ideal for many situations. They work well for passing through narrow tracks, and over logging trails, among other rough terrains.
If your dual sport motorbike has a large engine, you might want to invest in heavier sport tires. Of course, you should also consider your height and weight to ensure that the tires you choose can accommodate your body.
Still, as you shop for the best dual sport tires, you should remember that all of these tires come with a trade off. This means that what you will gain in off-road traction will be lost in terms of tarmac performance.
Anyway, most manufacturers rate their sport tires for both off-road and road use. If the tires you buy are labeled 50/50, therefore, it means that they will work just as well on roads as well as off-road.
Buying The Best Dual Sport Tires
As you continue your search for the best dual sport tires, you should keep in mind that online shopping is broader than it ever was. This is mostly in terms of the availability of products, as well as the number of choices open to you.
To this end, the best way to shop for dual sport tires is from the comfort of your own home or work desk. After a couple of clicks, and by reading guides such as this one, you should have a pretty good idea about what you need to buy for your bike.
Since this process might prove to be longer than you anticipated, we have done the research for you. In this guide, you will find 5 of the best dual sport tires for 2017. Each of these tires was handpicked from a much broader list of similar options. We chose them based on durability, affordability, effectiveness, and size.
READ MORE ABOUT:
Benefits Of Choosing The Best Dual Sport Tires
So, what do you stand to gain by choosing from the list below? What benefits do the best dual sport tires we have discussed in this guide bring? Consider the following:
- These tires are relatively affordable, especially in comparison to traditional motorcycle tires
- They will provide you with the superior fuel efficiency you require
- They work perfectly, both off-road and on highways
- They are safe for use by riders who drift from highways to off-road tracks and vice-versa
- You will have a great deal of fun riding on these dual sport tires
READ MORE ABOUT:
The Best Dual Sport Tires
Irrespective of the brand, the dual sport tires you choose will prove ideal if you are a hybrid rider. This means that the tires will work well both on paved roads and on rough terrain.
One thing to note about these dual sport tires is that they vary in terms of application. This is based on the balanced between off-road and on-road riding. That said, finding the right set will depend on how much of each you do.
Let's now jump right into the top 5 best dual sport tires for 2017:
- The Shinko 705 Series Dual Sport Front Tire is quite affordable
- It comes with quite riding, improved grip, and solid handling
- It has a deep void, which will prove useful when you need to dig through gravel and hard pack dirt
- It is also durable and reliable over the long haul
- The tire comes with a 4-ply nylon construction, which makes it tough
- The tire features a rubber compound, which will provide you with better mileage
- The tire will handle dirt riding better than you'd expect from other dual sport tires
- You get a choice between tubeless and tube-type versions
- You might observe bubbles on the tread when you try riding at high speeds on a highway
- Sometimes, the Shinko 705 Series Dual Sport Front Tire loses lugs and experiences tread separation
- It can be a challenge to ride with this tire over wet mud
- With the Shinko 700 Series Dual Sport Rear Tire, you get 60 of on-road and 40 on off-road riding
- There's a tubeless version if that's what you'd prefer
- The bias ply construction means that the Shinko 700 is quite durable
- Further, this tire is quite affordable
- It boasts an aggressive tread pattern, as well as deep lug construction for better gripping
- The reinforced side knobs are designed for cornering stability, making the Shinko 700 Series Dual Sport Rear Tire best suited for streets
- This tire was designed to handle well and stay quiet even while riding over asphalt
- The heavy duty 4-ply carcass makes the Shinko 700 one of the best dual sport tires in terms of durability
- However, the Shinko 700 Series Dual Sport Rear Tire is only ideal for small adventure bikes and dual sport motorbikes
- The Kenda K760 Trakmaster II Rear Tire works perfectly, especially while riding over sand and other rough surfaces
- It is quite durable and will serve you well over the long term
- This tire is also affordable
- You will have an easy time installing the Kenda K760 Trakmaster II
- However, this tire might prove to be too loud when you ride it over the street
- With the Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Front Motorcycle Bias Tire comes 40% on road and 60% off-road riding
- It boasts a wide block compound tread pattern
- The Kenda K270 is one of the best dual sport tires in terms of traction and braking
- It comes with high cornering stability
- Further, this bike tire is self-cleaning, which you will find convenient if you are used to riding off-road
- The tire boasts great off-road grip but doesn't sacrifice wear and tear while street riding
- This tire is quite durable (and will last for around 5,000 miles)
- The Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Front Motorcycle Bias Tire works well for cornering, especially over soft terrain
- The tire is DOT-approved
- It works well with dual-purpose and high-performance motorbikes
- The knob pattern is deep and aggressive
- The rounded profile provides more biting edges
- It boasts low rolling resistance while on the street while the tall knobs work perfectly if you need off-road grip
- The tire comes with strong bead and a reinforced sidewall, making them quite durable
- It has a rubber compound that is ideal for off-road gripping when you don't want to compromise the wear
- It is ideal for small adventure bikes and dual sport motorbikes
- You will get insane mileage for the little amount you'll pay for this tire
- It boasts stiff sidewalls, which will it difficult for you to do big air stunts
- The tire will bounce along if you go over certain high speeds
- There are no side lugs, meaning you might have a hard time in case you get stuck
- Unfortunately, mud and sand tend to cling on and around the Kenda K270 Dual/Enduro Front Motorcycle Bias Tire
- You should not use these tires to go anywhere over 100mph
- The Continental TKC 80 Twinduro Dual Sport Rear Tire tends to tip in easily for most riders
- It will increase your levels of confidence, especially with regards to cutting corners
- This tire warms up pretty fast
- It is relatively stable even in wind gusts
- The tire will handle perfectly irrespective of how dry or wet the conditions are
- It squares off easily
- This tire is quite durable, considering you can use it for around 7,000 miles
- The bias ply/belted construction makes this tire quite enviable
- It comes with wide-block and compound tread pattern, which deliver optimal grip both on and off road
- The large spacing in between the knobs make this tire one of the most effective of all the best dual sport tires in terms of self-cleaning properties
- However, the Continental TKC 80 Twinduro Dual Sport Rear Tire tends to wear fast if used aggressively
So, there you have it – the best dual sport tires for 2017. Irrespective of the choice you make from the recommendations above, you can be sure that you will be getting a high-quality tire that will serve you well for many years to come.
However, from among all of these, we would recommend the Shinko 705 Series Dual Sport Front Tire - 90/90H-21 TL/Blackwall. It will serve you well, especially if you are looking for something with balanced performance both on- and off-road.
That said, irrespective of the tire you choose, be sure to keep it well maintenance, check and correct the pressure levels, and replace the tubes on a regular basis (if you don't get the tubeless versions).
If you liked this article, and would like to know more about other products, please leave us your feedback in the comment box below. Until next time, enjoy!